“chris jones Gyro experience”

Chris Jones Gyroplanes
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Kirkbride
Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“chris jones Gyro experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

If you want something a wee bit special for the occasion or just a fantastic idea for your bucket list, well this is it. A flight with Chris. I wanted a helicopter ride for my 60th birthday but you share with other people for about 15 minutes and reviews were not that good, then I came across Chris Jones Gyrocopters, well what an amazing experience. Just put his post code into your tom tom and it will take you to the control tower at Kirkbide air field where you are met by a warm Cumbrian welcome.
You are then taken in to a hangar and shown Chris's first Gyro copter, well worth seeing. After seeing the rest of the Gyro's we went outside to see a dual seater and Chris explains the techy bits, quite a surprise how the machine works. Back in side the hangar and we get suited up, gloves neck warmer, and flying suit. Out side we go and climb aboard the Gyro, a few things I have to do with brakes, switches etc and then we taxi off on to the run way (wow) at the end we turn around, brakes off and we are zooming down a WW 11 runway and lift off (way hey) simply amazing climbing to approx 1500 plus metres heading towards Keswick, besides Skidaw, over Walla's crag and around and over Cat bells, simply amazing, fell walkers looking up at us and waving and we waving back, it makes feel a bit special.Chris has given me control, not full control but taking over the yoke and keeping the speed and direction, just can not explain the experience. We hit a bit of turbulence and I ask Chris has he got hold of the
Yoke, well his reply was after tapping me on both shoulders with both of his hands he said no !!!!!!!!!! I could not believe it, he was not joking (this is what it is all about).
After buzzing the control tower a few times we came to land.
I stepped out of the Gyro about 13.15 and it is now just gone 11.00 pm and I have not really landed, what a buzz.
If you read this Chris, many many thanks.
Steve
Sproughton, Ipswicn 19 Feb 2014

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Steve M

London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Brilliant way to view some of the Lake District”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

A flying experience, you get a taster lesson if you want, or you can just go along for the ride. A unique way to see some of the Lake District, and the area to the North. Chris is a seasoned pilot who is extremely knowledgeable about the area, and can point out places of interest. Why walk when you can fly!!!!

Visited May 2013