“Absoloutly Brilliant - Just Do It”

Chris Jones Gyroplanes
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Kirkbride
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Me and my wife both had separate flights on the same day. A wonderful hour spent flying over The Lake District. Chris was great, explained everything, made sure we were OK - We definitely were, allowed us to take the controls, even flew over where we live to take photos. An unforgettable experience. It was great to see the fells and valleys that we know so well from a different perspective. It's actually quite surreal. We'd highly recommend having the flight videoed, the quality is surprisingly good and it's great to be able to relive the experience once back home.

Date of experience: September 2018
in 5 reviews
"safe hands"
"bucket list"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend to anyone"
"explained everything"
in 3 reviews
"cut a long story short"
"northern lakes"
"stunning views"
"hour flight"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 10 September 2018

My son bought me this for a Christmas present in 2016, so it was long overdue.
We had superb conditions for the flight; slight breeze and sunshine. I was a little bit unsure about this as I'm not good with heights, but Chris made me feel at ease.
Our flight took in many of the northern and western fells - to see them from the air gives a whole new perspective, there are routes up the fells I never knew existed.
Not only is Chris a superb pilot, but he makes you feel at ease from the start, and injects some humour as well. If you want my advice, book yourself a flight today - you will not regret it.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank mozmal
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to have a pocket of superb weather & booked a Gyroplane flight each with Chris ....We flew over quite a few of the Wainwrights we had walked up - Blencathra , Skiddaw , Catbells & what a difference from the air ! Amazing to see all the paths & routed so clearly . We also flew over our lodge - Mulberry at Skiddaw View ! It would be a great way to view potential houses or holiday homes to purchase - from the air !
Chris was very calming & made the whole experience superb , he’s a super guy & full of knowledge, I will be definatly back for more

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank lesleyoakley44
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Had a one hour trip with Chris and his flying machine as a 80th birthday treat. Wonderful experience to fly around the Lake District on a beautiful day. We flew at around 700 ft (210mtrs) and with clear sunny skies I could see for perhaps 50 miles of stunning views. Flight was only a little bumpy, smoother than I expected. We flew over Keswick and I was able to see my sons shop from a different angle. One highlight was when Chris throttled the engine down to 'tick over' to demonstrate how a Gyro behaved with no power. We drifted down very slowly and this is the feature which makes gyrocopters so safe. If you lose engine power it is still possible to land safely. Try that in a helicopter !! This is definitely an experience to have and Chris is not only a great pilot but a brilliant host.

Date of experience: July 2018