“Stay away from here if u don't want money stolen from your bank card or credit card”

Regency Inn & Suites
Regency Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place was filthy and disgusting. The carpets were nasty, the pool water looked horrible from what I could see.. The staff was friendly until we wanted to check out early because this was just not suitable for us so we went and stayed at a family members home. The older man became rather rude as I was checking out and when we realized that we forget our house charger for the cell phone and called a few days later he was rude on the phone with my husband and said we should have called the next day because if u don't call the next day they get rid of them. When I went inside to pick it up he was just as rude and said he was busy cause we were to busy to call him and I had to get harsh and make him give me my charger back. On our way home my husbands bank card had been froze and we couldn't figure out why so upon arriving home I checked our bank account and as soon as I saw there were two charges for gas at 2 different Chevron's in California and the first charge came out the day after the bill for the Regency had came out and than the day after that another charge came out for gas and both amounts were for $100.00 each. Kind of suspicious if u ask me. We feel like because the older guy was ticked off because we left early and he wanted the rest of the money for the other days we were not going to stay so we feel he gave our card number to another person to get his money back. The fraud center told us that they actually made a fake card with my husbands card number and scanned it. We were lucky enough that our bank froze the card and found these two transactions to be suspicious and we will get our money back. Why do they even let these towel heads run these motels if they are going to steal money from customers. I wish we could find out who exactly owns this motel and turn them in. Please DO NOT EVER stay at this motel in Milton Florida unless u want a dirty nasty room and want money stolen from your bank card or credit card. We have never had a problem with any motel. restaurant, stores or gas stations until we stayed at this motel. Do not plan on us ever staying here again. I hope you all get caught for doing this.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Lori F

Reviewed 14 June 2010

This was the dirtiest, grosses motel my friend an I ever have seen. We were attending a surprise birthday party for a dear friend who lives in Milton. We live in New England so are unfamiliar with hotels. etc in this area but The Regency was recommended by a local who obviously has never stepped foot in the place. Not that one even needs to. The outside of the motel is so unkept one would think it had closed. When the desk clerk, .who wasn't available when we first arrived, showed us to the dark room whith hideous flowerd quilted bedspreads and stained matresses we left immeadiately, There are several much better hotel motels not too far away. In fact there is a nice Ramada Inn just over the Escambia Bay bridge in Pensacola. But any place would be better than this one. Fran S

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank FMS331
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I would stay here again in a heart beat. We had a large room with a king bed, a table and 2 chairs, minifridge/ microwave. A large bathroom with a good shower. The staff couldn' t have been friendlier or more helpful. There are tons of TV channels and high speed internet. We paid $59 a night. It was very quiet.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joanyj
Reviewed 7 July 2009

The title says it all. We ended up here as all the other hotels in Florida it seems were booked! We didn't plan ahead and it was July 4th weekend. A nice lady at the Holiday Inn Express called ahead and got us in here and even this place would be booked up.

Front desk was super nice but the cleanliness of the hotel and room was just not acceptable. In fact, I didn't take off my shoes. As I lay down my head, I was not convinced we had clean sheets. After a shower in the AM, my wet feet on the tile floor left black marks, indicating the floor was quite dirty. Ugh!

Not sure the history of this hotel. It looked to have been built by a chain and has potential. But really dirty. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 3 June 2009

MY Husband and I as well as our 5 yr old and 15 yr old boys moved to the Milton area from Missouri and unfortunately had problems with our Uhaul trailer hauling one of our vehicles during our 12 hr drive (that became over 15 hr drive due to the issues) Unfortunately due to this we were unable to meet with our real estate agent to obtain the keys to our new home so we had to find a hotel. We had driven straight thru from Missouri and we had a 28 ft uhaul with a car hauled on the back as well as another vehicle driven down, and only two drivers so no cat naps on the way at all. WE WERE EXHAUSTED!!! We were greeted by an exceptionally friendly staff, and due to us being so tired they got us in there quickly. They also offered to allow our uhaul and cars to be parked right outside our window to allow us to keep a close eye on things(for our peace of mind) Everytime we went outside of our room they asked if there was anything they could et us, anything they could do for us. When we turned in our room keys at checkout they told us we were welcome to leave the uhaul and trailer there while we took care of meeting with the agent, etc. and said they will keep an eye on it, and leave it as long as we needed. And didnt ask for a penny to keep it there. THEY ARE GREAT. We also have a huge event coming up in August that we will be needing to find lodging for several people, we were telling them of this and they said to let them know, they will keep as many rooms as we need reserved for us and give a great rate. (there normal rates arent bad at all-yet they offer a deal) It is not the newest, or cleanest, or most updated place you could stay, but I saw no bugs, no crud and for the money you will be spending there it is great when you have such awesome customer service. Hope this will help anyone traveling to the Milton area! (PS the beaches are only a short drive away!!!)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BeachBabygirl75
Reviewed 14 August 2008

The Regency Inn and Suites is the most conveniently located hospitality spot in all of Milton, Florida. Overall the stay was okay and I would stay again. Everything in town is within walking distance or a very short drive of the hotel. The guest services staff is friendly; and, although small, the pool is very clean. The television channel selection is awesone! The air conditioner worked like a fridge and kept the room extremely comfortable. Coffee pots were provided with complementary fixings. The beds were comfortable queens but the pillows were a bit on the flat side. The stay was enjoyable but there were a few problems: the bathroom shower curtain had mildew; one roach was found; and one housekeeper was abrupt and somewhat unfriendly. We did keep in mind that this was Florida in the middle of July when mildew is all but a certainty and pest are trying to move inside to get out of the heat. The problems we encountered due to these conditions are easily remedied by changing the shower curtains after each stay, as well as treating each room for pests more often during the hotter months when they are most likely to come in out of the heat. The poor-mannered housekeeping staff member is a tougher cookie to crumble; more customer service training would be called for along with closer monitoring when in contact with guests. A little physical nasty may be overlooked but staff members with nasty attitudes are much harder to get past.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)