“Catfish was wonderful”

David's Catfish House
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Milton
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We invite you to visit us and enjoy the best Mississippi Catfish and Gulf Seafood found anywhere. David's in Milton is your place for good ole "comfort food." Everything is prepared the old fashioned way...hand battered in a light cornmeal batter for the fish, and light flour batter on the shrimp, oysters and crab claws. Our secret recipes are made from scratch and everything is cooked to your order and always served fresh. We don't have a microwave oven in the building!
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having helper my Mom and my sister relocate to Florida from Texas to be near her Grandchild and great grandchildren we were exploring seafood places. We had seen David's and decided to give it a try. There seen of us and we were immediately seated and given time to look over the menus while the waitstaff brought us water and ice tea and carafe to leave at the table. The shrimp and catfish were very food - lightly battered and flavorful. The sides were also very good and all that should have been hot was. The only exception was the fried oysters were very overcooked and my Mom didn't say anything till the end of the meal. I will be returning soon and look forward to seeing if it was a fluke of mostly good.

1  Thank Terry A

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We looked in the Hotel directory for a place for dinner and found one. Get to the location and it was closed :( So we saw signs for David's. Get there and the parking lot was full. Which is a very good sign. walked it and sat immediately at a table. Looking at the menu and being from Louisiana found something very odd, such as shrimp by the dozen, when you're used to buying by the pound. We decided to order a starter of Fired Crab claws. Order was right up and hot. Very good. Meal we decided to order the all you could eat catfish plate and popcorn shrimp. Hubby's plate of catfish was 3 large filets with a side salad and a very very good and soft baked sweet potato. I had the popcorn shrimp, again being from Louisiana, popcorn shrimp or normally really small. These shrimp was a very good size. I did not even finish my meal. I also had a side salad and very good soft baked sweet potato. I would eat here again if passing thru.

1  Thank Talkoholic
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

This place is tucked away back from the street. Well worth the hunt. Lots of food and good catfish. Would go back if I get the chance.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The servings were big and well done -- two huge fillets and generous sides. Certainly were not precooked as the catfish was HOT and baked beans were smoking hot.

1  Thank Miltonites
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Delicious catfish! But there is a lot more than just catfish on the menu. You can also get other seafood, salads, or even steaks. And they have an AYCE option too.

1  Thank GlobetrotterMikeFL