“Very nice”

Holiday Inn Express Milton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Our room was very nice and clean. The mattress was brand new and very comfortable. The breakfast bar was good and hot, plenty to choose from.The lady at the front desk was very friendly and informed. She sent us to eat, at a place called Shuckems, a few miles down the road, It was excellent! Our room was only $107.00 I would stay again.....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 April 2009

A good clean hotel with friendly staff. One beef, the free computers in the business lounge do not have up-to-date virus protection, expired Norton licenses.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank TheRealFranko
Reviewed 17 March 2009

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Milton for some nearby business.However, it was a fair distance to everything except the freeway. There are no restaurants nearby so be prepared to drive 15-20 minutes to any amenities. The rooms were clean and comfortable with high speed internet available. A business center is also conveniently located on the 2nd floor. The continental breakfast was good and plentiful. However the hot items are comprised of microwaved bacon, sausage and "omelets" (yuk!). The staff was friendly and helpful, directing us to some good seafood restaurants in Milton as well as directions to a nearby golf course. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Golfnut222
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We had never been to the Pensacola/Milton, Florida area before so prior to making reservations, I researched the different hotels in Milton. At the time we visited, the rates for this Holiday Inn Express were considerably more expensive per night than the competition in the immediate area, and, in addition, the rates were certainly more than we have ever paid for travel accommodations, but since it seemed to have slightly better reviews, I made reservations for the 2 nights we planned to be in Milton for a wedding.

PROS: The hotel's location was very convenient for our needs. The lobby & breakfast bar area was clean and tastefully decorated. Staff was friendly. All rooms were accessed through the lobby (versus outside entrances) so this felt safer and more secure. It was relatively quiet. Our room was equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave, a small coffee pot, iron, ironing board, and hair dryer for those who might need those conveniences.

Our biggest complaint was the bed pillows. When I sat down on the bed to watch TV, I kept getting repeated whiffs of something that smelled bad. The bed linens looked and smelled clean and when we first got to the room my husband had pulled the linens back to check the mattress so I didn't think it was the bed. With more sniffing, I discovered all 4 of the pillows smelled strongly of body odor. We asked for new pillows but the replacements were only slightly better. Normally we bring our own pillows when we travel but unfortunately, we didn't on this trip so both nights I slept with an extra tee-shirt I had in my suitcase over the pillow case to help reduce the odor.

The bathroom was a fairly good size and very clean, but compared to other comparable hotels I have stayed in, the actual room seemed rather small and crowded with too much furniture for the space. Our room was definitely smaller than website photos would lead you to believe. Interestingly, this small room had THREE phones; one on the nightstand, one on the desk 3 steps from the nightstand, and even one in the bathroom next to the toilet! :::rolling my eyes::: The room decor was average and typical of this type of hotel. Apparently, Holiday Inn is attempting to give their beds an upscale hotel look with their new line of “Simply Smart” bedding. Gone is the "hotel-type bedspread” but, in my opinion, the new linens are pretty basic in quality and looks…nothing special. The Holiday Inn website boasts their "cozy accent throw is designed to warm you from head to toe, providing a touch of home when you're on the road.” In reality, what they call a "cozy accent throw" at the foot of the bed is only a very thin, lightweight, cheap looking blanket. I will say the towels are very nice and a big improvement over the typical skimpy towels we’ve been offered in similar hotels. They are thick, fluffy and a generous size.

The breakfast bar had a pretty good variety of breakfast breads and cereals. However, the hot items left a lot to be desired. The so-called omelet looked and tasted like really bad institution food. The rubbery consistency reminded me of eggs that have been cooked in the microwave. In addition, it contained a pinky-orange substance in the center that they are calling "cheese" but it was solid and not the least bit melted, or appetizing. There were no scrambled eggs or hardboiled eggs, as advertised on the website. No sausage gravy or "flaky" biscuits, as advertised. The "crispy" bacon they also advertise was very undercooked, limp and dripping in grease. I was disappointed the only sugar substitute offered for the coffee and tea was that icky "pink" saccharine stuff...none of the slightly more expensive (but much better tasting) Equal or Splenda. The second morning we opted to skip the breakfast bar and eat out.

If you are looking for accommodations in the Milton, FL area, don't be sucked in like I was by the slick advertising on the Holiday Inn website. If you are expecting slightly nicer accommodations for the higher room rate they charge, forget it. In summary, my husband and I were not overly impressed with the Holiday Inn Express in Milton, FL and did not feel it was worthy of the room rate we paid. It wasn't terrible but overall, it was no better than hotels we have paid $30.00 a night less for. This is a perfect example that more expensive is not always better. We would NOT spend the extra money to stay here again if we needed to travel to the Milton area in the future.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OneReluctantTraveler
Reviewed 6 October 2008

This is a very nice property. It has an atrium interior and the rooms are very nice as well.
My room was $127.55 (including tax) and was called a 'King Leisure Suite'. It was pretty nice but a little overpriced for what you get.
The rooms are a good size and have all the extras one has come to expect from this chain. The breakfast was up to the usual Hol-Inn-Exp standards and I really can't think of anything negative about this property at all.
Having said all that be aware that the only food available anywhere near the motel is a Waffle House and Quiznos at the gas station.
I would recommend this property to all types of travelers with no reservations at all.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Ozcfied
Reviewed 25 January 2007

This was the first night of our unexpected journey from Orlando to Sacramento. We were supposed to fly but my wife developed an ear infection and could not fly home, so rented a car. The location is about 15 miles east of Pensacola and sits in an open area off of Interstate 10 and far enough away so no highway noise. The clerk recommended a nice steak house about five miles away - the Texas Road House. Being it was Saturday evening it was crowded (the roadhouse that is). Typical of Holiday Inn Express establishments it has a very nice breakfast area.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N6JM
Reviewed 15 October 2006

What a nice motel. We had a spacious suite; sitting area, refrigerator, microwave, wet bar; $107 plus taxes. There were cheaper rooms. Our room, 103, has the eating area just outside the door. From check-in to check-out we never heard a sound; I can't recall a quieter stay. . "Fancy" bedding. A note: You will have to drive to Milton, about 10 minutes away, to find a restaurant or fast-food franchise. You can walk to Quiznos or the Waffle House, but that's it.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Rodein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Best Western Milton Inn
Motel 6 Pensacola West
Motel 6 Pensacola West
#26 of 65 in Pensacola
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milton? Share your experiences!