“Great location and price but check hot water first” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Milton Inn

BEST WESTERN Milton Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Port Orange, Florida
“Great location and price but check hot water first”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed here Sept 26 on way home from TX. Located right off I-10 with easy access. Checked in after 14 hours on road, Chris at front desk was very nice and helpful. He's an asset to this place. Room well appointed and comfortable with, believe it or not, true HD televisions, not just wide screen as in other places, but true HD was available. Fell asleep pretty quick and was in for a bit of a shock in the AM, NO hot water in shower! Had it in sink but not shower. Went down for breakfast, which was just ok, and told Susan at front desk about hot water. She said you have to play with faucet sometimes and when people complain about it, maintenance men go to check it out and find it ok. Well if other people complained about it, why not fix it?

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank robertru44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Elba, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel has been recently renovated. It is an older property, but it is clean and safe. The location is a few miles from anything, just an interstate interchange (we were doing some business in Milton, the downtown being several miles from the hotel). A good value.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank DaM67111
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights, on our way home from a Youth Mission Trip in Georgia. Check in/Check out was handled efficiently. We had four rooms and they were all very clean. Having two separate sink areas was a big plus considering we had 5 ladies in a room! :) Breakfast was decent and included in price. Pool was clean. We were very satisfied with this hotel. They went out of their way to accomodate our group, 4 adults and 11 teenagers. We will stay here again if in the area. The manager, Joye, was very helpful. Thanks. It was about a 25 minute drive to Navarre Beach.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1027rm
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I can't believe how expensive this hotel is for what you get! The room was remodeled--halfway. The furnishings and paint was new, yet it had the same old refrigerator, lamps, carpet and comforter that you would find at a low budget motel. The shower curtain rod was falling out of the wall and the bathroom vent was pumping out cigarette fumes from the room upstairs. I didn't feel very safe because the key card entry doors were never locked so anyone could just walk into the building. The only upside was that the staff was very polite and friendly. Not worth the money to stay in a little town off the I-10, but it was the only one available not far outside Pensacola (I was driving from San Francisco to Orlando)

Room Tip: Save your money and plan ahead to get a better place in Pensacola, FL
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura1985CA
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel two nights in July. We arrived late and had to wait for the front desk clerk to arrive. So, we waited about ten minutes at a locked door. Check in and check out were SLOW! They need more than one desk clerk working there.

Our room was comfortable and clean, aside from mildew along the caulk on the jetted tub which was pretty disappointing. Otherwise, everything was clean. The hotel is a smoking hotel which is a downside for me. Our room was non-smoking which was great but you could still detect stale smoke in the hall and elevator. Not overwhelming but not pleasant either. We had a King suite with pull out sofa. It wasn't really a pull out, it was a two piece sofa you stuck together to create a bed. Good enough for a five year old. The King bed was comfortable and we enjoyed our rest very much in this bed. The air conditioner worked well, the bathroom was pretty spacious and bright and the room met our needs. We did not receive housekeeping for our overnight stay but the front desk gave us towels and what we needed to restock.

I arrived for breakfast at 9:50am (it was suppose to go until 10 on weekends) the next morning hoping I would get lucky and there would be some breakfast left. They were out of everything except a couple of muffins and they would not restock. I stayed at a Drury Inn this Summer and they had a great breakfast and kept it fully stocked until the end. They had no ice water available for breakfast either, which I would think would be available all of the time. I was directed to a water fountain. The breakfast attendants were the front desk workers (or so it seemed) and they were not what I would consider friendly. Not exactly rude, but not pleasant. We skipped breakfast on the second morning.

One big upside to our stay, besides the comfy king bed, was the pool area. It was clean, the water was sparkly and my son had a great time. The pool area had a stray kitten there both nights we stayed and he was adorable and friendly and many of the kids at the pool were enjoying his company.

I would stay here again if needed. It worked for us in a pinch.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Gastonia, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

My other half and I stayed but one night here on our way back from a week in New Orleans. Enjoyed this hotel much more than the one we stayed at in New Orleans. Nice clean room with nice ammenities and convenient to I-10. Pool was very refreshing and clean. Much better breakfast than we had anticipated. I'd stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nomad4dixie
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My family and I stayed at this Comfort Inn on Saturday, July 14th. The hotel is still completing their renovations. It appears all of the interior work has been done, and they are completing the exterior painting. The room was nicely decorated with updated decor. There was a flat screen TV and granite counter tops. The carpet was new as well. The gentleman that checked us in was very pleasant. I had to call for some local information later that evening and he was just as pleasant. The breakfast was pretty good. For a family of 5 it was better than spending $50 at IHOP. The more :mature" blonde lady from the front desk area cleaned the breakfast area continuously throughout the morning and continued to fill everything. She was also very pleasant and helpful. The lady that checkout us out not so pleasant. The hotel was about a 20 minute drive from Navarre Beach and about 30 minutes from Pensacola. Great location if you don't mind driving and saving quite a bit of money.

I thought I had left some jewelry in the hotel and Susan and Renee was very helpful and pleasant on answering my questions and making sure housekeeping thoroughly searched the room. I found my jewelry in my purse, but they were eager to help me.

I would stay at this hotel again. It was great for my family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton
At Home Inn & Suites
#14 of 63 in Pensacola
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Milton Inn? Share your experiences!