“At a loss of words....”

KOA Titusville / Kennedy Space Center
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mims
KOA Titusville / Kennedy Space Center
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We joined KOA this summer because we bought a pop up camper and KOA is normally a good value. This particular campground is very different than other KOA's it is 75% permanent resident and 25% travelers. As long as you don't veer to the permanent side you are ok it is NASTY! There is no mowing and very run down camper trailers. The vacation side is cleaner and everyone is nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank chrissyandray

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here 3 years ago for 3 months while we were waiting for a home to be built. Although there were some trashy trailers and people, nothing compares to now. Dirty clothed men smoking cigarettes and drinking beer roam. The grass doesnt appear to have been mowed in weeks and weeds abound. We went to the camp store for charcoal, they had none. The shelves were rather bare. This KOA reminds me of a corrections work release camp rather than a campground that people would want to bring their families to. Bottom line, dont stay here unless its really late and you leave early.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cleanhotels
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were forced to return to Florida due to a family tragedy. We needed to stay for a few weeks so this KOA seemed a good choice as they rent trailers on a monthly basis. We were told that the charge would be $600.00 for one month. We had called the KOA two days prior to our arrival and they never mentioned that there would be no linens or dishes. When we checked in we were given a 24 foot class B RV to stay in. The filth was unimaginable, we spent the first night cleaning and going to a store to buy sheets, pillows etc. We were told that we could move to a larger unit later in the week but received little in the way of apology for the condition of the unit they put us in, and when I say filth I mean the toilet looked like a professional eating team used the place to practice. They moved us to a much larger unit later in the week that had actually been cleaned. An improvement but the toilet there would not flush. fast forward 3 days and several visits to the community restroom 200 yards away we got a new toilet. Every thing went OK until I heard dripping from the refrigerator and open the freezer door to find a pool of water and a bright red glow. We were able to store our food in a nearby cabin (or Kabin, as they call them) next morning, a different refrigerator was installed. It was older with rust and a strong odor of tobacco smoke in the freezer compartment but we had a safer feeling since we were unafraid that it would burst into flames. The park could best be described as a "white trash trailer court". The park has a sign that boasts that they were a 2011 President's award recipient. The award begs the question: is this something they bought, or are lying about?
The RV sites are intermingled with the low income city they have built for themselves so I cannot recommend that either.

We left with one week still paid up. It was like paying just to leave, and well worth it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere other than here
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The wife and I went to the Florida Keys over Christmas and New Years 2012/2013. We planned 3 stops on our way home. Stop 1 headed North from the Keys was an overnight stay at the KOA in Titusville. After a long drive in the motorhome I arrive to see a sign on the door saying be back in 30 minutes. It seems they lock the door and change shifts count thier money, etc. So if you arrive during this time you sit and wait which is what the wife and I did. The 2 clerks inside see you but to bad, your waiting. After a lovely 35 minute wait, the door is finally unlocked so I get the honor of checking in despite a reservation. After them asking about number of people, pets, size of our RV and so (Which is on our KOA profile which they plane old ignored) we are finally taken to our site. Thankfully that was the last we had to deal with the staff. We stayed the night and first thing inthe morning left this place. There is noise of I-95 but I expected that since it was a stop over for the night. Made it easy to get back on I-95 the next day. We will not go back here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DJENKINS16617
Reviewed 6 December 2012

price is the only good thing, park is loaded with permanent trailer park trash. Was the worst KOA i have been to. most of full time units are old and falling apart. Kids are always running around not supervised, dogs run loose onto your site.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank fred424
Reviewed 2 December 2012

My wife and I stayed here this past summer. We took our 2 year-old grandson with us, and my son and his family of 4 met us there. My oldest daughter also came and spent one night. So, there were 8 people in all, and all of us found something enjoyable about our stay at this KOA. There is a large fenced playground that all three of our grandkids loved. There is a clean swimming pool, with a small recreation/game room nearby. There are two shuffleboard courts, and bicycle rentals. I noticed from reading some of the other reviews that traffic noise from I-95 was loud. We stayed in a Kabin and heard almost no outside sounds. The Kabin we stayed in for two nights was large, clean, and looked almost new. There was a back bedroom, a set of bunkbeds, and a futon ......... where 6 people can sleep.
There is a small general store on site, and a gas station/convenience store nearby. This KOA is conveniently located for several attractions; like Cape Kennedy, Canaveral National Seashore Park, Airboat rides, the Cruse ship terminals, and not too far over to DisneyWorld.

Room Tip: I'd recommend renting the larger Kabins, with bathroom & kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dvltrucking
Reviewed 17 March 2012

RV spaces are very small. The site next to you is about 2 feet away. Zero privacy. My site had no pad or even gravel, just grass and dirt, mostly dirt.. I would guestimate roughly half of the sites were dirt only. This fact plus all the sites were crammed together was unsatisfactory. We have only stayed at state parks and if all the KOA's are like thi,s we will not go to any of them ever again.

Bathrooms were very

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Steve S

Been to KOA Titusville / Kennedy Space Center? Share your experiences!