Surfside Resort
US$120
US$190
US$155
GardenInn.com
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$159
US$140
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$103
US$100
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura(Hallandale Beach)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelocity
Belvedere Inn(Miramar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsthree bedroombeautiful condofamily vacationbeach weddingbig balconyeasy access to beachnice swimming poolbedroom unitwinn dixiebeach viewgreat ratehot tubvrbotubsunitsskybridgeocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I shared a condo with another family in unit 505 from 9/19-9/23/2013. The unit itself is beautiful! The room looked newly renovated. Very pretty furniture and appliances and a gorgeous view of the beach. It was also big enough to share with my friend and her family. The balcony was a nice size and we were able to eat our meals out there. My biggest and pretty much only problem was this didnt seem like a very family friendly place. Its not very welcoming to younger children. My children (3&5) were swimming in the pool and someone actually asked if my son was wearing a swim diaper and if he was potty trained!! I didnt realize that swim diapers were not allowed. So my son was not welcomed in the big pool. This is seriously messed up! I also thought it was a little snobby that you have to be covered up to walk through the lobby from the beach. I understand not having sand on you, but I dont think it hurts anyone if I dont have a coverup....seemed like this resort really liked its RULES....beautiful place but not kid friendly

Room Tip: 505 has a great view of the pool and beach
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank massconfusion84
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We spent a week in room 504. The condo was great, a little outdated and needed some repairs but I haven't stayed in a hotel or condo that was perfect. Amazing views, easy beach access. Parking was horrible. If you have a large vehicle you can't get in the parking garage and the open lot isn't very big. The open lot should be for trucks or vehicles with luggage carriers.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank SRARLR
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here in unit 905 for 7 nights from July 29- Aug 4 2013. We had an amazing time. Great location directly on the Gulf with a bridge (overhead cross walk) to the beach. Unit 905 was nicely decorated and everything I expected. The property (pools ect..) were maintained and clean. Unit 905 had a king, 2 doubles and a sofa sleeper which slept 6-8 comfortably. We enjoyed the free beach chairs and umbrella. We also enjoyed reasonable priced drinks from the pool bar. We did not get to try the on site restaurant "Ricks's crab trap", but heard from other guest that it was very good. I would definitely stay here again when traveling to the Destin area. We ate at two nearby restaurants on the beach, the "Whales tail" and "Captain Dave's on the Gulf". Both were reasonably priced for the area and the food was great.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Alwaysmovingmom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The wife and I did a 4 day last minute getaway to Destin last weekend of July. There was not a ton of availability on VRBO so we ended up booking a studio (effectively a standard hotel room size) at Surfside resort. We booked condo 1401A on the 14th floor directly by calling the resort. Review broken down by categories:

Check In process - check in process was pretty seamless. We arrived after midnight and front desk was staffed. Gentleman was really pleasant, had our names listed, our room keys available, instructions for small stuff like check out process, coupons for activities etc..

Condition of the hotel - overall this hotel feels older. Not in a nasty it was built in the 60's kind of way. But in a it was probably built in the 80's kind of way and you are at the point where another coat of new paint won't work to make it look fresh again. The basketball and shuffleboard court while clean, look like a light faded green from years getting beatdown in the sun, the trim around the doors look dated, the condo we were in had popcorn ceilings etc.. Some of the doors leading into the building had a little rust on them. Again, not a major deal for the money but if you like everything to look nice and shiny like it does after big reveals on HGTV you will be dissappointed. We didn't experience ridiculous waits for elevator like I've seen mentioned in other reviews.

Our room - View was spectacular as we had beachfront view for $160 a night. Everything was clean. Nice queen size bed and clean sheets. Great water pressure in the shower. Wireless and cable tv worked flawlessly. Couple things to note - I would encourage anyone renting in this building to make sure you get pictures of your condo. Look for reviews on your specific condo. Because most of the places are individually owned, one persons experience in an updated, upscale until could be very different from yours in an older not updated one in the same building. Our condo was nice, but again just a little dated. Gold fixtures, slightly faded and scuffed up walls in certain corners. We had an issue where the toilet would run every 15 minutes for 1-2 minutes at a time. Also had an issue next morning where AC would make this noise when it started up like a piece of foil was in the vent. However, maintenance came same day and addressed issue. One small knit to pick was there was no bistro size table or anywhere to sit. I've seen pics for other studio units that had somewhere besides the bed to sit.

Hotel Location & Amenities - Hotel is in a good location with a Winn Dixie, CVS, and several restaurants within a 5 minute drive which is awesome. Hotel lobby is directly across from the beach- loved it! Went from bed to beach in 5 minutes! Water was beautiful and there were paddleboards and kayaks to rent. Our owner included a couple chairs and an umbrella in our rental which was great. We just went up to guys staffing the beach hut on the beach, gave them our last name and unit number and we were in business. Hotel Gym was ok - again not old equipment but older. Restaurant onsite had horrible reviews on Yelp so did not check it out. It also was not open until 4:30 which was crazy to me. Having a restaurant onsite with that large captive audience and not open for breakfast or lunch? Crazy.

Other Random Stuff - We had dinner at Bistro Bijoux which is in the Village of Baytown on SanDestin Resort. Nice restaurant (wife used the word divine several times to describe her meal). Went and checked out a movie at the Carmike theater in the same area another night. They had this setup I hadn't seen before where you buy your popcorn bag and drink cup at one stand then you get it filled by an employee at another.

Overall - for what we paid, the wife and I were happy. If we were in the $200-$250 a night range the little things that were annoyances would have made by blood boils. This is one of those places that is a solid 3.5 star but Tripadvisor won't let me do 3.5. I would recommend if you are going to be spending most of your time out or on the beach and not in the room looking at every single detail.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Crucian_Man
Reviewed 20 July 2013

we stayed in 1402 the views were amazing and the property manger was very helpful. The room was decorated nicely and clean with every amenity available plus more the kitchen was a dream with every gadget imaginable. The only complaint was with the building itself. The elevator was terribly slow and always packed having to wait 2 or 3 times before we could actually get in the elevator. The main problem was with the pool. If your child was wearing a swim diaper he/she could not get in the pool. you were stuck to a tiny round 1 ft baby pool which was HORRIBLE. If the tots are not allowed in the pool at least have a reasonable size pool for them would not recommend this place for children in diapers for alone reason. Anyone who has a toddler can imagine the disappointment in my toddler when he could not join his siblings in a the pool and was stuck to a tiny hole my tot gives a thumbs down

Room Tip: if you have children in diapers do NOT go here they will NOT be allowed here even in a swim diaper all rooms have a good view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family