“Convenient”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
New York City, New York
“Convenient”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The courtyard Miramar/Ft Lauderdale is a convenient and typical courtyard chain. Improvements include the single serving of beverages in room and little guest pack we received at check in. Its close and convenient to highways, shopping and restaurants. Good hotel if visiting family and friends in the area. The food bar is hopping in the mornings only, quiet and deserted other times. Business center area is convenient with only two stations, but was not busy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly. Gave me a late checkout without problem and even upgraded me to a suite when i checked in. Coffee in the lobby in the morning was a plus (i think i overslept for breakfast).... there is a wallgreens on the corner in case you forget anything. I would stay again.

Room Tip: had room 523... the AC was a bit noisy but it kept the room cold like i like it... so no complaints.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I enjoyed my stay,bed was comfee,and the hot meals was filling...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Philly/South NJ
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Pretty good hotel. Not situated right off a major road like 95 (so you don't get car noise), and not huge. In a complex with a couple other hotel/motels, seemed pretty clean and people were nice.

They had a eating area on the 1st floor which I didn't try, and a very small bar (same deal, didn't get a chance to try). Lobby itself was pretty normal, although they had a neat thing where they had fresh popped popcorn for you for free when you were coming into the hotel in the afternoon/evening, which was a really neat pick me up.

Again, nothing too crazy, but rates seemed reasonable and would consider it if I was going to be in the area again. Also pretty close to the shops at Pembroke Gardens, which a lot of people seem to like (see our other reviews for feedback on them).

Room Tip: The in room fridge is handy, but can be noisy, I unplugged mine.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Courtyard Miramar / Ft Lauderdale is a very average Courtyard.

the only places within walking distance are fast food places and a starbucks; anything else will require transport. Hotel itself seems ok; the bar in the hotel is closed / abandoned or had its license removed - not certain but there's nothing to be had so BYOB if needed.

The standard breakfast buffet was a little under average I'd say: less choices and worse in quality than normal.

Outdoor pool and indoor gym are here.

If you have business in the area here; then fine otherwise better choices I think are across the street.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Trinidad
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Reasonable value, well equipped room, good wireless connection, responsive staff, close to major traffic route without being disturbed by it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I made a reservation using Marriott Rewards Points for my daughter for 1 night and asked if I needed to do anything else. The response was that everything was taken care of . Lo and behold I get a call from my daughter at almost 12:00 am (She had driven there with my mom and grandaughter) where she told me they would not give her a room because she had no credit card. I spoke with the front desk and faxed an authorization on my card for a "hold" for incidentals= $250.00 plus $20.00 more (for one night). They checked out that morning and 9 days later I am still trying to get that hold taken off my card. I have spoken to everyone at front desk, I have spoken to Corporate Customer Service and all to no avail. One young lady promised to call me back and did not, the last "gentleman" I spoke to threatened to hang up on me because he could not understand my frustration. I travel 9 months out of the year for work and stay in hotels all that time. You can rest assured that Marriott has lost a customer and I will do everything in my power to avoid this kind of stress for any of my co-workers who like me travel as much. NEVER Again. Marriott is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!