“Great service”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Key West, Florida
“Great service”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Suetannia and the rest of the Courtyard Miramar associates are outstanding. The Bistro breakfast staff did a great job each morning. The French toast was as good as any I've had anywhere. Most impressive was the level of engagement on the part of the staff; everyone seemed genuine in their desire to see that we were happy. Excellent stay for the weekend

• Stayed June 2013
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We have recognized Suetannia in front of all the hotel staff for getting mentioned on TripAdvisor. Please come see us again.

Jason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Usually the nicer hotels are way out east. This hotel is west, located by i-75 and I booked these for a few of the executives I work with. I went by and the staff was very attentive and the place was really clean and nice. The rooms looked great. I haven't heard any bad feedback from the execs. As a matter of fact one of them always requests that I book him here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We love to hear that people enjoy our hotel. Let us know if we can do anything for your people.

New Jersey
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My family and I went to Florida over Memorial Day weekend to visit my in-laws. Because there were so many of us, we decided to stay at the Marriott which was 20 minutes away from their house. To my surprise it was a nice hotel. This was our first time staying at a Marriott and thought this one was very modern! The lobby reminded me of a chic downtown NY boutique hotel! They even had a very nice pool with a very cool seating area which gives you a resort feeling. The rooms were basic, but very confortable. What I really liked was that inside the hotel was a mini mart that not only allows you to purchase snacks, but you can also purchase beer at a reasonable price. The hotel also has a cafe that sells Starbucks coffee, muffins, etc, but we walked a short distance to Starbucks instead because the coffee is better! If you walk in the opposite direction, you will find a great Mexican restaurant, Tulum Mexican Cantina. Although we were suppose to rest our heads at the hotel, we ended up spending more time there than at my in-laws!

• Stayed May 2013
I am glad that you had a good time here. I disagree with you about our coffee though. It is as Starbucks as Starbucks can be. :) I suppose that you can get a few more options in a full Starbucks store but next time you come I will make your coffee and we will see if you think theirs is better.
Thank you for the comments and please come see us again.

Halton Hills, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I booked this on Priceline, and was placed in this hotel. It was okay, checkin was okay, but when I went to my room, it wasn't my room, someone else was inside. I went back downstairs, and they placed me in a room (king bed w/ sofa), we asked if there was 2 queens as there was 3 of us and they said there was none.

Upon entering the room it smelled as if they sprayed lysol or something quick and give me this room. After a couple hours the smell went away. In the room next to us we had a screaming kid and we could hear them next door. Asked to changed rooms, they said none are left and they could see in a couple hours.

A couple hours pass, and we asked again, nothing. It's bedtime and we just want to sleep at this point, so we pulled out the sofa bed and saw "something" on the mattress. It looked liked urine and fecal matter. Makes sense, lysol smell.

Went back down and showed them a picture and they were utterly disgusted. Surprise surprise, a new room magically opened up literally 20mins after asking.

New room was okay, no screaming kid, no nasty matter on the pull out couch for my brother to sleep on. All was well.

I really lost respect to the Marriott chain of hotels. The staff put me in the wrong room, altering someone to call security to the floor, then clearly lied to me about no rooms free after noise issues and then finding housekeeping is so poor that they didn't note that the sofa bed should've been changed.

Try the hotel across the road, i'm sure you won't have the same issues.

On a positive note, the staff at front was nice (although lied to me), free parking and free wifi was nice to have.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shane S
joanna b, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

We have passed on your concerns to the appropriate department and will use your comments to only better our hotel.

If you need any assistance with making any future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at Joanna.Brown@whitelodging.com
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel was not hard to find. The room was great, and it was clean, comfortable and had a nice deco. I would stay at this hotel again. The breakfast was not free, but was reasonable priced.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 March 2013

A lower than average courtyard. Lacked cleanliness, ie need for vacuuming, molding creeping in corners of wallpaper in bathroom. No lotion in toilette offerings. The gym only had a few machines and no stationary bikes which is pretty standard for most hotels. There is a Hilton across the street and residence inn next door, would suggest trying those instead.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank globetrottertoday
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. I took over the hotel four days after your stay. I encourage you to come back and try us again. You should find that most of your issues have been improved upon greatly.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My business trip was extended by an additional day, and the Hampton Inn could not accomodate me for 1 additional day, so I had to quickly find a place to stay, and it was suggested that I go to the Courtyard, and which I did, and yes it was $10 more per night, I was desparate and could not squabble. Upon my arrival, I was in total shock! This hotel was a breath of fresh air!, very modern and clean! The front desk personnel was not wearing stuffy attire and was extremely friendly and helpful.
When I got to my room, I was more shocked!, The rooms were extremely large, and absolutely GORGEOUS and CLEAN! It reminded me of home, no detail was forgotten, I was so sad that I had to spend two nights at the outdated Hamptons, when I could have had fun at the bar/lounge area here , or just lounge in my beautiful room which was so very beautiful and relaxing and the work area was awesome, my deskchair didnot bump into the bed like it did at the Hamptons.
I was able to go SHOPPING, which was fun because it was only 1.5 minutes away. Kudos to the Courtyard. I was very sadi to leave!

Room Tip: Go with the Flow, and enjoy the area, absolutely awesome!! Restaurants and shopping, I do believe y...