“Nice room and location setup for business trip”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Arizona
“Nice room and location setup for business trip”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Nice clean courtyard with room setup better than other courtyards I've stayed at. Functional desk, plugs everywhere for my laptop and phone. And a nice tv. It also had a small fridge and microwave that I didn't use. Room was very quiet and checking was very helpful. Surprising for a courtyard, it also had a nice little restaurant in the lobby. The only issue I had which I didn't bother calling the front desk about was the air conditioner had both a wall control and a local control and they didn't seem to work together. Would stay again if I had business in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for your detailed comments. You were here during our renovation and it did not seem to affect your stay. Please know that the entire hotel is now renovated and we would love to have you come back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This Courtyard exceeded my expectations. Fresh/modern lobby/the suite was as big as if not bigger than the suites at the Residence Inn. Sandra at the front desk took great care of me and the family. The kids enjoyed the clean pool. Good times…thanks for a great stay!
Note that Courtyards are geared toward business travelers and not families like the Residence Inn, so the breakfast isn't free. I knew this when we came in-- there are several breakfast places (McDonald's, etc) up the road on Miramar Parkway if you choose not to get the a-la-carte breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review. We are here to exceed your expectations. That is our goal every day so it is wonderful to hear someone state that we accomplished it. Please come again.
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Nice stay for the Bengal game was made better by the concession Oreo ice cream sandwiches and tombstone microwave pizzas. Great features in a town Taft closes after one in the morning to food and fun. The help was great and the newspapers came in the early AM. The breakfast concession was too expensive and the lobby coffee was not free. The internet was consistent and free throughout the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please come see us again.

Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I actually stayed next door at the Courtyard by Marriot. I was booked at Residence inn - they said I was to stay at the next door building. That building was badged as Courtyard. I could not find Courtyard by Marriot here on Trip advisor - so - maybe they are one property - just different 'wings' of the same facility.
Anyway - Very nice property. Very eager to please. Different than most Courtyards due to the breakfast was not a buffet. You go up and order one thing 9like a breakfast sandwich, or oatmeal or whatever) and coffee. I guess I would prefer the buffet because there was little line to get served. When I was served they were more than sorry for any wait. nice as could be. Fresh made breakfast.

Big room. Fast internet. Full flow shower. Good room temperature control. NOTHING to complain about.

Room Tip: who knows...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard001, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 7 May 2015
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is a great hotel for doing business on this side of town. It is convenient to the highway as well as dining options. My room was clean and the service top notch. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I am a big fan of the new Courtyard Bistro concept and this hotel is a winner in my book!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you for the great review. We love to know that we are doing the right things.
Please come see us again.

Weston, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and in general the hotel seems like a nice place to stay. Polite employees, spacious rooms, and a comfy bed. Everything was fine until I went to take a shower. The tub was very slippery as if there was some shampoo residue once I got in it. I almost tripped trying to get in it. When It came time for sleep there were only 2 small pillows which looked like were just thrown on the bed and it looked kind of odd since it was a king sized bed. There was an extra sheet, pillow, and a blanket in the closet which we used but after I covered myself with the extra blanket my boyfriend pointed out a big stain on it. I took a look and sure enough there was dried blood on it!! And not just small drops, but I'm talking about a big menstrual oops moment. Considering the other reviews complaining about housekeeping I'd have to agree and say they seriously need new people for the job.

• Stayed June 2013
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you ran into a cleanliness issue. That sounds terrible no matter what the stain was. Please believe that is not normal here. I am the new General Manager and in my two months here we have been really focusing on getting the Housekeeping department performing at a high level. We can always improve but please know that I check rooms every day after they have already been inspected once and now I will be looking in to the bundles of extra bedding to see if there are more issues there.

Key West, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Suetannia and the rest of the Courtyard Miramar associates are outstanding. The Bistro breakfast staff did a great job each morning. The French toast was as good as any I've had anywhere. Most impressive was the level of engagement on the part of the staff; everyone seemed genuine in their desire to see that we were happy. Excellent stay for the weekend

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We have recognized Suetannia in front of all the hotel staff for getting mentioned on TripAdvisor. Please come see us again.

Jason
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!