“Best Courtyard I've stayed in yet!”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Courtyard I've stayed in yet!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Not sure about the negative reviews, but my stay was nice. This was the best courtyard I've stayed at. The lobby, as usual with courtyard is nice and modern. In addition to.the bistro they also have a large living room area with a big HDTV. There is a pool with hot tub. My room was nice too, big bathroom. Even hallway was nice. I think our floor (third) was recently renovated. Staff was very nice too. Only problem was that the one ice machine was broken.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clay C
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are recently renovated with the newest Courtyard Decor package so we are very excited about that. I do have one ice machine broken with a replacement on the way, but there are two other places to get ice in the hotel, so I am sorry you did not find them.
Please come see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just stayed here Friday night. This hotel has been completely renovated, rooms are immaculate, carpets in hallsways are clean and immaculate! This is my new hotel when going to Miramar and Seminole Hard Rock. Great area and safe! Hotel staff was extremely nice!

Room Tip: Got a great deal with priceline!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank judyace
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for the great review. I am very glad to hear that my staff took care of you and that you enjoyed the newly renovated building. Please come see us again.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The night front desk clerk was not what you'd expect from a Marriot employee nor very helpful. According to him, there wasn't room service. We asked for a roll away bed and a crib and he mentioned they didn't have that neither. If you don't care about service, this is the place. I won't stay here again or recommend this hotel. This hotel needs to have a talk with this person about helping guests with service requests.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gianni J
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, like the vast majority of Courtyard hotels, we do not have room service. And it is possible that we were out of rollaway beds. But it is highly unlikely that we were out of pack and play baby beds. I am currently at a conference but I am informed that my assistant general manager has spoken to the associate and when I get back, I will also address this matter.
On a more positive note, I am glad that you found the hotel to be clean. And I hope that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms.
Please come back and try us again, we pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and we do not like to disappoint our guests.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here for one night for business & was able to book a block of rooms for my team on short nice. Reception was so-so, they weren't overly friendly, but not rude. The room was great! It was clean & spacious, and I had a good night's sleep. I was able to print documents for work in the lobby. This experience was better than other experiences I have had recently with Marriott. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a king bed & a couch in my room, it was still spacious for one person. If you are travelin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cat C
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for your great comments on the room. I wish that we had done a better job of wowing you at the front desk, and we are always working on that, but I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come again.
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is in a good location (easy to get to from main highway). It is undergoing a renovation so some areas are still a bit messy. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The café/bar closed early, but the food was decent (had apps and some drinks). Pool is clean a little on the small side. The room was the very comfortable and had a nice work space.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Slickd23
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for the great review. As you noted, we were under renovation, BUT THAT IS FINALLY OVER!!!! The hotel looks amazing and we are here to take care of our guests and exceed their expectations.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I live in Miramar and my family stayed at this hotel in Miramar while visiting me. The hotel staff here is incredible. The hotel is clean, new, and modern. They have a bistro in which you can eat and drink fresh. Food is amazing. I would come again to watch a game. Ms Kathy & Brianna are servers here and as a team they were amazing servers that took great care of my family and I while there. This is now my hang out place for me & my friends!!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Got2boj
Thank you for your amazing review. You nailed what we are trying to accomplish here. We have a great newly remodeled hotel and great staff.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on hotel road in Miramar, Florida on January 4th, 2014. Although, I travel extensively for work, this was a short personal stay. I have seen many different levels of service at many different hotel levels but have never encountered someone who prompted me to write. We visited the little café in the lobby for a late dinner. The woman running the café was beyond excellent. She ran the whole place, served drinks, cooked the food, took orders, did room service and waited tables all with the best attitude I have ever seen. I believe her name was Brianna and she said she has worked there for approx. 1 year. She was a lovely young lady and represents your brand at the highest level. She went out of her way to anticipate everyone's needs even though she was extremely busy. It would certainly be in the brands best interest to retain this woman and see that she is promoted to a visible position!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about Brianah. She is tremendous. I wish she had six more clones that I could hire. Please come see us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!