“Home away from home.”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We got the basic studio room. I was very impressed with what it included. Stove frige dishwasher. Our 8 month old enjoyed her stay bc it was all carpet and she had more than enough room to crawl around and explorer. They pool was nice and the grill area is dinfinty something new I never heard of. I loved the fact i could cook there. I wish we would had a more modern bed it felt a little worn out. However my family will be staying in residence from now on!:)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that your family and baby had plenty of room to roam. We love to know that our guests are satisfied and we provided the convenience you needed.
I apologize the bed was less than perfect but I am glad you were still able to find comfort in your suite. Please inform us during your next visit and we will do our best to help with this.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband was in the Miramar/Ft. Lauderdale area on business and I flew down and met him. He had checked in a couple of days ahead of me and said that the gentleman at the front desk greeted him and was very friendly. He knew that my husband was there for business and said he was going to make sure he had a nice "quiet" room. This hotel is pet friendly so I'm guessing he made sure the room wasn't next to someone with a pet. Our room was very nice and was well maintained. The housekeeping staff was pleasant and did a good job. My only concern and it's not a huge deal is that they came at various times during the day so it was hard to plan when was a good time to stay out of the room. One morning they came at 10:00 a.m. and another day they didn't come until 4:00 p.m. We asked for extra towels and they brought them right to us. The hotel is clean and well maintained. It is located in a nice area and there are restaurants nearby. There is a Publix close by so you can stock up on food supplies should you want to cook in your room.
There is a hot breakfast each morning consisting of oatmeal, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, yogurt, cereal, fruit, milk, juice, etc. plus a waffle maker. During the time I was there they did not have bacon, not sure why. It was always either sausage or ham. I know other Residence Inns and Fairfields have bacon on their breakfast buffet. Our only complaint about the breakfast is that the waffle maker wasn't monitored or attended. My husband poured the batter in to make a waffle and then proceeded to fill his plate with the other items. The waffle maker chimed to let him know his waffle was done and before he could walk over there, a little girl opened it and started digging his waffle out with her fork. Obviously it's the parent's responsibility to monitor their children but unfortunately many times they don't so it would be helpful if the attendant kept an eye on things. Should my husband have to return to the area on business, I'm sure he would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed away from the elevator and away from any rooms with pets.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had expected 2 beds in the room but were surprised that one of the beds turned out to be a roll out couch bed. We would have settled for this were it not that the couch bed was so uncomfortable it was impossible to sleep on. Otherwise, we were satisfied with the room. The breakfast was disappointing. The staff was generally gracious and friendly.

Room Tip: Do not plan on using the couch bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not comfortable and that you did not get any sleep. I would have been very frustrated with my stay if I did not get any sleep.
Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. I am glad to hear that otherwise your stay was pleasant and you were treated in a friendly way by the staff. We will definitely share your experience with them as well. If you are ever in the Miramar area, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I will look into options for you so that your family is as comfortable as possible during your next visit. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The staff and level of professional service at the Sandestin Marriott Residence Inn in Miramar Beach, FL were absolutely excellent. I would like to commend two employees in particular: Patrick and Jimena who assisted us with the daily breakfasts and evening Manager's Socials. Excellent employees who did so much to make our stay all that more special. The entire staff was great. This is an excellent hotel and one of the best Marriott Residence Inns that I have stayed at. My rating of this property is excellent!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of a hallway are quieter as a rule.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location provided the convenience you needed. We will share your comments with our staff. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Yours in service, Cristina Andujar

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed n the serviced apartment style of hotels many times before. Residence Inn is a nice, middle-of-the-road hotel.

I checked in for a one night stay on business. parking was plentiful and free, the car park was not secured. Check in was fast and I was in my room within five minutes of arrival.

The room was larger than I expected and looked nicer than in the pictures on their website. I had a studio suite, which consisted of a small lounge area, nice kitchen with stove, microwave and dishwasher, breakfast bar and then the bed area was located around the corner from the main living space. The bed was large and comfortable. There was a TV positioned between the two areas so you could spin it around to watch it from the lounge or the bedroom. Teh bathroom was like every older Marriott property, with the sink in the bedroom area and then a separate room for the bath and toilet. The shower was hot and had great pressure. The room looked great overall, I don't know if the room had been refurbished, but there were no signs of wear and tear.

The kitchen had a small welcome pack with tea and coffee in. Tea and coffee is also available 24/7 in the lobby.

Wifi was free and of a decent speed for web browsing... no downloading or streaming though.

The pool area was small but nice. Hot tub off to one side and it was located in a central courtyard area off of reception. There was also a workout room, which had a small selection of equipment, but was better than most small hotel gyms.

Breakfast is included in the rate. It was not very impressive, but cereal, a couple of dubious looking hot options and everything served on disposable plates. It was OK to kick start you in the morning though.

The location of this property is aimed at the business traveler with lots of large businesses and education centers around. If you are looking to visit the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area as a tourist, this may not be the place to stay, you have a pretty hefty drive to the beach resorts and downtown area. The hotel seemed to be full of business travelers although there seemed to be a family living in the hotel, housed by their home insurance company.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Residence Inn again, a nice stay and a nice property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel. Your comments and feedback mean a lot to our staff and we are committed to your comfort. It is a pleasure to know that we are able to anticipate and accommodate the needs of our guests. We want to be their "home away from home". We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean! Staff is wonderful! Would recommend. Mostly business. We enjoyed the pool and the basketball court the kids loved the breakfast cookies and fresh popcorn they had for snacks. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping nearby.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again and will have the popcorn and cookies warm and waiting!
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed for about 2 weeks in February; it's a nice place in a quiet area (just 3 hotels and a self storage and a small clinic located in the street). It is very convenient and close to I-75 (and Miramar Pkwy). Everything else - publix, pharmacy, post office - it's all very close (less than 5 mins driving). The Shops at Pembroke Gardens (a nice & new outdoor shopping mall) is also pretty close. A perfect place for business travelers, everything is taken care of (dry cleaning, groceries, copies + paperwork if you need it). The staff is really helpful and nice, and the food is good. Breakfast ends at 9 (except for weekends) which cld last for an hour longer, otherwise I was even positively surprised: dinner up to 3 times a week, and it's good, real good! Also love their freshly baked cookies at the front desk every afternoon. :)

Parking is always, available, even late at night - it is a shared parking of two Marriott hotels - the Residence Inn and the Courtyard. You'll def find a spot, and if you get home early enough, you can even find a spot where you can see your car from your room. To this one person here: Sorry to hear that! Understand your anger, but I felt that this place feels/is pretty safe. Cars can get stolen from the supermarket's parking as well. - Had a Porsche Cayenne in the parking lot and felt safe all the time.

Not suitable for tourists who want to be at the beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Home2 Suites by Hilton Miramar Ft. Lauderdale
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!