“Great inexpensive place.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Ocala, Florida
“Great inexpensive place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Clean, comfortable and conveniently located off of I-75. Lady at check in was very pleasant and professional.

Only complaints:
1. The "continental" breakfast wasn't Vegan friendly but not a lot of places cater to my lifestyle. I was able to grab a banana and an apple, so I was happy in the end. It was great they offered fresh fruit!!!!
2. Also there was a knocking noise coming from the bathroom area. I think it might of been the pipes. It was hard to fall asleep for a while because of the noise but I eventually did.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Econo M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing vegan needs. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback for breakfast you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had made a reservation on choicehotels.com for Friday - Sunday, November 01 - 03, 2013 for the weekend of the Miami - Florida State game. Bear in mind, the nearest hotel with available rooms for the weekend was in Lake City 90 miles to the east. We reserved 4 rooms at a rate of $79/night. Two rooms were confirmed with two people in them, two were reserved as singles. This obviously equals 6 people, which is the exact number of people in our party. On Monday October 28, 2013 we faxed the reservation information to the hotel to confirm the reservations. When we arrived on Friday November 01, 2013, the lady who works the desk said she didn't have the fax but she did confirm receiving it. She said the reservation only had one person in each room totaling four people. She said it would change the rate significantly and on top of that we would have to pay an additional $30 per person per night for the extra people. Why would she try to do that when on every door in your hotel it says an extra person it $10 per person per night? We showed her the hotel reservation that was stored on my friend's smart phone that showed the correct amount of people that we had reserved for which was six. We felt like the hotel was trying to rip us off because it was a game weekend and not another hotel was available for 90 miles.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
The reservation was made and can be honored to the guest listed on the reservation, and the room could only be given to the guest after the verification with picture Id is shown.
The reservation and the rooms cannot be given to any other person except the person listed on the reservation. The appropriate number of people has to be claimed because of security purposes. The rate structure has an algorithmic, which depends and varies on calendar events. I want to apologize for any convenience that we caused you, however we have policies with in the network.
Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My family stopped here on the way to our Disney World vacation, and were so happy with the room and the service that we made sure to stay here again on our way back home. The management was friendly and professional, and went out of their way to be welcoming. The rooms were fresh, clean, and well-appointed, the beds were large and comfortable... I only wished that the accommodations at the mid-range Disney Resort we stayed at were a fraction as nice as this little gem. Oh, and they gave us a breakfast voucher for the little hole in the wall diner across the parking lot - let me tell you, the biscuits they served were the tastiest, most delicious griddle-fried biscuits I have ever eaten in my life, and I'm a "big-boned" lady from the Deep South, so I know a thing or two about biscuits.

Room Tip: The Interstate side was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Econo M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
We cannot express how grateful we are to hear kind words. We do treasure hidden gem as a secret hotel of Jefferson County of Florida. Come and explore our hotel (7 miles from Tallahassee, Florida) and visit this unique county and enjoy historic opera house and ethnic food.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

after two exhaustive trips to Jacksonville in two weeks,, we stopped in Monticello, fla to sleep. we came in rather late and was met with courteous people that made us feel that they knew what had been through the last two weeks. during this time we had stayed in places that were more expensive and less expensive. here the room was cool, clean, comfortable , and quiet. we had the best rest that night during the two weeks. the entire room was spotless and the motel employees were fantastic ! thanks econo lodge Monticello, will stay again !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We all work hard to keep up with the greenery and natural beautiful surrounding. We were honored to have you in our beautiful hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Friendly service throughout, clean rooms with everything we needed. Location was great having the car we were exploring the forests and coast nearby it suited us fine. Breakfast was basic but enough, some nice muffins and yogurts. For the budget price we thought it was very good value, and compared to other motels and econolodges we'be stayed at since its way better. Highly recommended to those looking for good value.

• Stayed July 2013
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
We do appreciate choosing us allowing us to serve you.
we do provide quality service for economical price.
Come on again!
Hazlehurst, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

At first I was hesitant about booking because the rate was unbelievably low. The room was clean, no odd smells. The bed was very comfortable & the A/C worked very well. Check in was quick & easy & we got exactly what we requested. Non-smoking king on 1st floor. Only a couple minor details keeps me from giving it an excellent rating. The bath towels & mat were pretty threadbare & should have been replaces long ago. I tossed both packs of coffee because they had been opened. Other than those couple of items, the room was a really more than I expected for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thanks for feedback and suggestions. We will take care of suggestions.
Please visit us again.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

In September of 2012 I reserved a room at this hotel for my daughter's college graduation in May of 2013 through the Choice Hotels website. The hotel contacted me directly in April to make sure I wanted the room and I confirmed over the phone that I did. On the day I was to arrive, my daughter called to make sure my room would be ready. We were told they had no record of our reservation. The person on the phone was rude and eventually hung up on my daughter. I called Choice Hotels and they were very nice, but they never followed up on my complaint. Bottom line - if you really need a room in the area for an important event at FSU, do not use this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank adnaw
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
We were completely sold out and there was no reservation in the system. If we had even one room to sell we would have offered you. We could not find any rooms from any hotel partner in 100 miles radius. We were sold out with FSU and FAMU visitors. We are definitely desired hotel for Football games and all the other corporate meetings/activites in Tallahassee, FL due to our easy location and no traffic to get in and out from hotel.
We apologize for inconvenience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Super 8 Monticello
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
#19 of 58 in Tallahassee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Tallahassee State Capitol

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!