“This is the worst hotel experience I've had.”

Budget Lodge of Mount Dora
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
“This is the worst hotel experience I've had.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This place was very unsanitary and the staff was unprofessional.The shower and shower curtains had mold all over them before I even moved in. The lady at the front desk (I believe her name is Mena, she has black hair with a few gray strands in it) was very rude. She became frustrated with me for no apparent reason. She also was disrespectful and she called me out of name. Her housekeepers(a blonde lady and a brunette lady) also had attitudes and were rude when they went to clean
my room. I left this place because I did not
want to deal with the dirty room and disrespect. I would not recommend this E.com Lodge in Mt. Dora, FL to anyone. It is a complete waste of money and the service is horrible. I would've rated this place on Yahoo as zero stars, but the lowest rating is one star. Thus, this hotel has received a one star rating from me.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank floridasun250

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Went to check in and had to exit as fast as possible. Not safe. Manager ok. She is trying but it doesn't cut it. Low rates but not worth the saving. People live in the rooms. Very dirty. Not a good element.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank orangecoffeebag

Travellers are raving about these Mount Dora hotels

Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was good for a quick overnight stay, we were going to the Antique Extravaganza and spent little time in our room. The staff was friendly, but the accommodations were far from outstanding. It appeared there were people living in the motel full time with children running around barefoot in diapers. The motel itself needs updating. Linens were clean and no bugs which is the important thing... I thought the owners were trying hard, but so much needs done to make it a 5 star choice. Close to Mount Dora and Renningers, best restaurant we found very close was Bob Evans, thankfully I love Bobs.

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness center
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Treasures941
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2013

i stayed here a few days ago, i asked on my reservation , no smoking , the room stunk!! the bathroom was so said cleaned, it was horrible mildew all over the shower on the cutain and in the toilet, the tub got fiiled with water , disgusting, this is a family operated hotel , very centralized , but what a disgrace at 95.00 a night plus taxes.....the breafast offered free? the whole family was there in pijamas.... i would never stay here or recomend this to anyone ...

bad bad bad !!!

Room Tip: i stayed here a few days ago, i asked on my reservation , no smoking , the room stunk!! the bathroom...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank oriam o
mt.dora
Reviewed 20 October 2012

my girlfriend wet to walmart it was 40 degrees out. i locked myself out of my room.the manager tried to fight me cursed me and would not let me in the room until she returned.said he was the owner a spanish bulky guy.

Room Tip: filthy with roaches...............all rooms smelled bad.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank joshua w
Houston Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed at this motel for a week and I thought it was a nice stay. The staff was very nice and courteous to me. Alan, the motel manager, was very helpful to me every time I spoke to him. My room was big and had a kitchenette. My room was very comfortable to stay in. I would recommend this motel because although the property is old, I feel like the staff is renovating the motel to make it the best it can be and the value is great. My stay was very pleasant and I would come back to stay at this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Alice B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This so called hotel/motel/ is the most awful place ever. The so called staff are very rude and party all night treating their short term tenants like garbage. Ive seen them scream and holler at the children who live there and threaten them as if they are not human. I wouldn't pick up a poor helpless stray animal off the street and let them stay there. There are much better places to stay in this beautiful city, this is definitely not one of them.

Room Tip: None what so ever....all dirty and one phone line for ALL the rooms. Stay away!!
Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Inn on the Green
Inn on the Green
#6 of 8 in Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Budget Lodge of Mount Dora? Share your experiences!