“Excellent Latin food at Mount Dora”
Review of Copacabana

Copacabana
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Cuban cuisine! Opened since 2009! Delicious and fresh home cooking! Great quality! Voted best mojitos and Cuban sandwich in Central Florida! We take reservations for Special Occasions! We hold large parties!(Indoors & Outdoors seating!) Experienced staff!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good Food, Good Music, Open area outside really, really relax. Its a jewel hide in Mount Dora, the owner, servers, in general, its a nice place. Food got the Latin touch.

1  Thank manyloco

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We saw a sidewalk sign for the restaurant, and walked in off the street. Prior to arriving in town, I had viewed some online restaurant choices and this was one of them. It was a beautiful weather out, so we sat on the outside patio, where we were quickly seated and given menus. Fried cuban bread slices immediately followed. This was on a Thursday about 1:00, so it wasn't crowded. We ordered off the lunch menu, which had plenty of choices and good portions. I had ropa vieja. So good. Hubby had a cuban fried potato ball stuffed with meat. It could have had more meat stuffed in, but the flavorful mashed potato was yum. We both had the black beans/rice and sweet plantains. The server brought out 2 containers of sauces. One was like a chimichurri and one was maybe a habenero mango concoction. I had to contain myself by not drinking them directly from the container. They each were flavorful (galicy) and hot & sweet. The server was very attentive. I ordered a shot esspreso. Delish! It was very creamy and sweet. Perfecto. It's on my return, to-do list.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Copacabana was a nice surprise. We were craving for Latin food and found this restaurant.
Tasty food but not exceptional, however portions were huge and very reasonable price. I had the "vaca frita " and my daughter ordered a Churrasco that was incredibly juicy and tender. Worthwhile the visit.

1  Thank Chispi23
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Enjoyed the food, had the mastitas, (fried pork chunks) came with a salad and grilled onions as an app it was plenty for an entree. A good deal at $6
Ordered a margherita, $4.50, came in a small wine glass (8oz size) by the time the glass was filled with ice, I'd say they are pouring about a 3 oz drink ! Not such a good value....

1  Thank Amannianx
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Wonderful food. Wonderful ambiance. Great location for walking. Prices are excellent. Staff are SO nice, it's a total pleasure!

1  Thank Eileen B