“Excellent menu choices for a variety of diners”
Review of Copacabana

Copacabana
Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Cuban cuisine! Opened since 2009! Delicious and fresh home cooking! Great quality! Voted best mojitos and Cuban sandwich in Central Florida! We take reservations for Special Occasions! We hold large parties!(Indoors & Outdoors seating!) Experienced staff!
Lecanto, Florida
“Excellent menu choices for a variety of diners”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went to celebrate my birthday with a friend who is Vegan, and I am a VERY picky eater with food sensitivities, so I thought I would have a hard time finding a place to suit both our tastes. I read reviews on here about this place and when I saw it had a Vegan menu, I figured we'd try it. I ordered the grilled meat/shrimp combo and it was AMAZING! They made it exactly how I asked for it (no seasonings), it was hot and plentiful! I had the side of rice and plantains and it was so much I had leftovers! My friend was happy with her choice of a bean dish as well (which was also filling). The cuban bread was awesome, the service was good (though we went at a non busy time) at the atmosphere was nice too. I'm glad I found it and would def. go again! :)

Eustis, Florida
“nice palce”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

very friendly place. we wanted to try the Cubano and so where else but an authentic Cuban restaurant. placed my order to go . so i found them on the web.very easy to find. they have outside dinning, they are closed on mondays even though the menu says they are open. if you want a vegetarian plate, they have it ( 7.50 - 11.50 ) , kids menu they have it ( 4.95-6.75 ) Appetizers ( 2.95- 12.00 ) dinners are from 7.75- and up . the highest was dinner for two which is paella velenciana 30.25 or for one is 18.50 , desserts 2.95-3.75 - lunch menu from 11-3, hours are from sun, tue-thrus 11-900 - fri and sat 11-10. call ahead 352-385-9000- they had a sign saying closed on mondays ( not sure if its perm.)

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank DRAGON05702
Orlando, Florida
“So glad we found this place!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I grew up eating at Numero Uno, the Columbia and Rolando's here in Central Florida, so I have a very high standard when it comes to Cuban cuisine. Copacabana has set the new bar for Cuban. Wow!
We were running back to our car from the Farmers Market to avoid a rain storm when we were hit with the aroma of strong garlic and mojo. What an awesome discovery.
The staff were genuinely friendly and professional. Our drinks came out quick with a basket of hot Cuban bread.My iced tea was fresh brewed and perfect! A must in Florida.
My girlfriend ordered the grouper and I of course had to get the pernil with yucca. Both were outstanding. Yucca is so hard to get perfect. Most places who serve a large amount of food always over-cook it until its mush. Not here! It was firm with heaps of wonderful garlic and fragrant olive oil. The black beans were loaded with the flavor of bay leaves and smoked pork.
I highly recommend a visit when your craving great Cuban!

1 Thank gpflug
New York City, New York
“Best authentic Cuban food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ok, about cuban food I know, I am from Puerto Rico and Cuban food it is almost same. So got this nice place in Mount Dora and it is a big place with seating outside and a bar.

We got there and service was good. They gave us cuban garlic bread before the meal which is something I haven't seen since in years in Latin restaurants in the area. I ordered the Bistec Empanizado with Arroz al Moro and plantains which is my ultimate favorite food. We also ordered Bistec de Palomilla and Masitas de Cerdo.

Let's start - the Bistec Empanizado was freacking amazing and the size was huge. The rice was super delicious and very, very, very authentic cuban rice. The plantains were very crispy, no greasy and with the garlic sauce they have was a perfect compliment for the meal.

The Bistec de Palomilla as on point, super tender and good size as well. I think I liked it better this way and the Masitas were tender, how masitas should be.

Overall this is so far the best latin-cuban restaurant I have seen in years and in the central florida area. And to finish our adventure, the owner came to our table and asked how the meal and service was, so that tells you a lot. We talked to the him for little bit and was really nice.

La mejor comida Cubana!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CaguaxNYC
Windermere, Florida
“Good Cuban in a Nice Setting”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This little restaurant has a lot to offer; good food, outdoor seating, friendly staff. We dined for lunch, with both of us having the Cuban sandwich which was very good and served with black beans. We also tried a glass of Sangria that was nice, but served in a very small wine glass with no ice. If you are looking for authentic Cuban, this is a great place to go.