“lots to choose from”

Jeremiah's
Ranked #29 of 116 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
tangerine
“lots to choose from”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The ribs were excellent , the liver and onions tender burgers were cooked to well done. fish flakey and fresh. biggest issue I had was we asked for lemons for the fish and the ice tea and were told there would be a charge of 2 dollars for it. it wasn't the servers fault she was told by kitchen to charge for them.. so aside from my surprise about lemons I would go back just not ask for lemons.

Visited April 2014

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ordererd take away several times - deliciously cooked. While waiting I had a cold beer enjoying the fantastic atmosphere. It's really worth a visit both for the food as well as for the ambience.

• Visited April 2014
Harrison, Tennessee
“Northern Fish Fry in Fl”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

These folks have nailed the Friday night fish fry I grew up with in NY.

Quantity, quality , and affordability all rolled into a blast from the past

• Visited June 2014
“Not Fresh Seafood.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The food was fried and greasy. I even got grilled scallops and they where drowned in grease. The taco salad looked good. The deco was really neat to look at. Maybe if I go back we would try something not seafood....

Visited June 2014
Tavares, Florida
“Great food - below average service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been going to Jeremiah's for over 16 years, mostly at lunch. Yesterday (June 6, 2014) I went there with a group of friends at 4:30 in the afternoon. The server we had was very slow taking drink orders while we awaited for the rest of our group to arrive (total of 9). It was "Happy Hour" and one of my friends ask how much the 2 for 1 beers were. She was not sure, then she said about $5.10 for two beers depending on the type. As the people arrived, she continued to bring us our drinks. We informed her that our group was all there and we were ready to order. About 15 minutes later we asked another server to tell our server we wanted to order. We were not an easy group due to the fast we had 3 couples and 3 singles so individual checks were going to be needed. After the orders were finally taken, the food started to come out quickly. The servers bringing the food had no clue who ordered what. So what we call in the hospitality industry, they started "auctioning" off the food by saying who ordered what? I personally find this completely unprofessional. Yes, Jeremiah's is a Sports Bar & Grill and I should not expect 5 star service. But this service was just unacceptable. I have been in this Industry for over 40 years and I own a business who conducts training and consulting at 4 & 5 star resorts. Service regardless of the venue of the property is most important. In today's economy the consumer can spend their money wherever they like. If service is poor, they most likely will not return. To continue my revue, it was time to receive pour checks for our meals. Our server came back to the table and once again had no idea what we ordered. She had to ask each of us what we ordered so she can process our bills. She then can back with our checks and when we started to pay her she said she can only collect 2 at a time. A few of the couple's paid with credit cards. When she brought back the receipt for signature she said even though the receipt said "customer copy" that was the copy the merchant must keep because the machine was not working correctly. I was so disappointed in the service we received I joke fully asked her how long has she been a server and working here. She replied over a year and I was startled. As a previous Restaurant/Club manager I would never have tolerated such unprofessional service. My friends were shocked that I was so critical of our service. I understand how they felt and they accepted the less than satisfactory service. I explained as being a hospitality professional, I was embarrassed that we had to tolerate, let alone accept this poor service.

• Visited June 2014