“My Mistake ! Wonderful place to stay !!”
Review of Maison en Ville

Maison en Ville
Ranked #7 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Hamilton
“My Mistake ! Wonderful place to stay !!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

It has come to my attention that a few years ago, I wrote a wonderful review of Maison but inadvertently rated the wrong way. I have nothing but praise and good things to say about this quaint little place. I do apologize to management for my bad rating, the rating should have been at the top ! I love Mt Dora, and Maison is in town, and even though very busy little town in the daytime, it is wonderful and quiet at night. Thank you once again to Houston, and thank for pointing out my indiscretion. I do sincerely apologize, and will be staying here once again when I visit Mt Dora. I actually travelled to here in 2012.

Room Tip: I have stayed twice in a room at the front, love the fact it has a nice little sitting area, separat...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Shirley Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband is deployed and I just had to get away for a few days! Drove 12 hours from Ft. Campbell to stay at different locations around Florida. The next trip I will go straight to Mount Dora and stay several days at Maison en Ville! So peaceful, clean, charming and and my room was perfect!
Mount Dora is now on our possible places to retire list!!
Maison en Ville is the place to stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Armypilotwife101
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Wow, thanks to Houston who clearly cares about the state of his Inn. It's a really unique spot with very comfortable rooms and walking distance to the shops and restaurants in Mt. Dora. we really apprecciated the details on places to go and eat as well as the well kept suite. We will definitely be back!

Thanks,
R Martin
Toronto

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are seriously large!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R M
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Maison en Ville. The location was perfect in the heart of Mt. Dora within easy walking distance of the downtown shops. The spacious room was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. There was covered parking and the owner was very accommodating particularly with our late arrival. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Baobob room. Did not see any of the other rooms, but we were very pleased with our...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ddocean
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

We came back to stay at this great inn during the Mt Dora Arts Festival. We had stayed here last year for the festival, too. Houston Evans is great to work with and keeps his inn in great shape. Great location to see the fair and also walk to bars and restaurants. Can't be beat! We stayed in room 4, it has a king size bed, sitting room, and mini kitchen with small fridge and microwave, plus coffee fixings. Very comfortable. Small en suite bath is tiny but functional, so no complaints.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ronda123
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was our first experience staying Mount Dora. We fell in love with Masion en Ville. A quaint home. Our suite was just perfect. Had more in it than we expected. I did not need to bring my wine and champagne glasses. They provided them, and I mean glass not plastic. We were in the front room. The noise of the art fest did not bother us at all. Houston could not have been more kind and helpful. I wanted to write the review but hate to let everyone know how wonderful this place is. I want it to be available for us when we want to come back!! LOL

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank LinTR
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I had the true pleasure of staying at the Maison en Ville over the week end. The grounds are just beautiful and the inn was so clean and inviting! We will absolutely return on our next visit. The location was perfect ... just a block from the center of historic Mount Dora which was very nice! We anticipated some street noise, but it was very quiet. Houston, the innkeeper, was so hospitable and certainly did all he could to make sure our stay was a happy one and it was!!! I highly recommend the Maison en Ville for anyone who wants a lovely get away in a lovely town!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Mount Dora
Farnsworth House
Farnsworth House
#4 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Maison en Ville? Share your experiences!