“Heaven in Florida”
Review of Maison en Ville

Maison en Ville
Ranked #7 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I only checked in yesterday, and I will be staying for three weeks (totally booked the fourth week), yet I cannot imagine my departure. The pictures looked wonderful. The Innkeeper, Houston, was wonderful on the phone, and he even went the extra miles to accommodate my specific needs (WITHOUT MY ASKING!), yet THIS HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS, which were pretty high.

Magnificent and yet it feels like home. Houston has thought of EVERYTHING. He has put a piece of heaven in Florida, and he has done in a spectacular way!

Awesome. Serene. Tranquil. Peaceful. Immaculate. Beautiful. Every comfort of home and more. Bed is so comfortable and luxurious! Houston has not missed one touch of tender loving care in Maison en Ville, both inside and outside, with the most beautiful grounds. parking and exterior.

I can see from the Guest Register Book, I am not alone in my accolades, just newly discovered!

A perfect balance. Privacy, warmth, and yet walk out your lovely entrance and the charming and gentle town of Mount Dora beckons. A most beautiful walk - shops and restaurants abound, nestled amongst the lovely streets - and the lake, within view - awaits your exploration by foot.

Travel a short way on Donnelly Street (the situs of Maison) and you find Publix, Lowes, and a variety of establishments for every need (including maintenance of your car, if necessary), bringing you squarely into the 21st century and its often necessary conveniences.

Love and graciousness envelope Maison en Ville.

Thank you, Houston!

Room Tip: Each in its own way is spectacular, hard to choose.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 14lindaf

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful Inn within walking distance of Downtown Mount Dora.
My room was very clean and it had everything I needed waiting there for me.
My room was decorated in a quaint luxury.
The owner Houston was very warm and welcoming...
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank doreen3737
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A last minute plan to go to Mt. Dora turned into a great weekend. Maison en Ville was the perfect location, the room was clean, the garden outside was quaint and Houston was a wonderful host. Mount Dora is a friendly town with great shops and plenty of antiquing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doreen S
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was looking for a charming and quaint place to stay in downtown Mt. Dora, and this was definitely the place to stay after some research. I couldn't have been happier. The back yard garden was so welcoming, peaceful and beautiful, a perfect place to relax. The owner was very accommodating and made us feel right at home. We stayed in the Balboa room on the ground floor, very cozy, large room. The hotel was in the historic downtown, and everything was within walking distance. I will definitely stay here again. The pizza place next door rocks! The wine bar down the road was spectacular, and the One Flight Up Cafe for breakfast was yummy.

Room Tip: Very quiet room. Lovely location
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharla99
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Houston was a kind and gracious host. His inn is beautiful and well kept. The location is absolutely perfect! The room was exquisite. Roomy, comfortable, quaint, etc. All very accommodating. When we left, he was taking updated photos of his inn. I'm glad because the photos on his site does not do it justice. It's so much better in person.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Iamvenus
Reviewed 13 April 2014

It has come to my attention that a few years ago, I wrote a wonderful review of Maison but inadvertently rated the wrong way. I have nothing but praise and good things to say about this quaint little place. I do apologize to management for my bad rating, the rating should have been at the top ! I love Mt Dora, and Maison is in town, and even though very busy little town in the daytime, it is wonderful and quiet at night. Thank you once again to Houston, and thank for pointing out my indiscretion. I do sincerely apologize, and will be staying here once again when I visit Mt Dora. I actually travelled to here in 2012.

Room Tip: I have stayed twice in a room at the front, love the fact it has a nice little sitting area, separat...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Shirley Z
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband is deployed and I just had to get away for a few days! Drove 12 hours from Ft. Campbell to stay at different locations around Florida. The next trip I will go straight to Mount Dora and stay several days at Maison en Ville! So peaceful, clean, charming and and my room was perfect!
Mount Dora is now on our possible places to retire list!!
Maison en Ville is the place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
#1 of 11 in Mount Dora
Farnsworth House
Farnsworth House
#4 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Maison en Ville? Share your experiences!