“Awesome ”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We had 3 families meet from 3 locations on a Tues night. There was love music outside which was a little loud but we was indoors and had a great time! We all ordered a variety of plates to sample the many dishes! None of us were disappointed. The kraut and sausage homemade great flavor! There wasn't a bad dish! However portions are large so consider sharing. I have since returned a second time with just myself and husband and was served just as fresh and good food. Lunch menu this time servings still large!! If you want and like authentic German food come here and be prepared to leave stuffed. (Haven't tried any desserts no room.)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

If one likes to sit and have accordian music blasted in their ears, be my guest. I had a headache by the time I left. What got me is the guy sitting there playing it expected tips. There was too much salt in the dinners. Bratwurst were good. Sauerkraut is nothing like I ever ate before and don't want to again. But the mash potatoes were just like at home! French fries were good but like I said, the salt. Way too much. I wouldn't mind going back to try soemthing different but I don't want be tortured with the accordian.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was looking for authentic German food and wasn't disappointed. I liked the location in a small house in Mt. Dora instead of the typical strip mall location. Went at week day lunch time and even then the parking is a hassle - ended up 2 blocks away in public parking. Inside decoration was fine - just enough of the usual German kitsch without going overboard. The waitress was enthusiastic and nice - replied back auf Deutsch when I was giving my order in German. The food that my family ordered seemed prepared like what I had in restaurants over in Germany. The German potato salad was just like the version that Oma made. My only ding and the reason for 4 stars instead of five has that the food was a little bland in general ( as noted by some other reviewers). I would definitely recommend going there and trying it for yourself though.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had the most wilted brown salad I've ever had here and the rest of the food was flavorless except the excessive amount of salt used

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stopped in for lunch at the Bavarian Haus in late July. It's the slow season in Mt. Dora, so there weren't many people there (or anywhere). The restaurant is small with a good-sized covered outdoor dining area, which we decided against in the 90+ degree heat. The restaurant is authentic looking with some nice murals. Service and food was very good. The German potato salad was maybe the best I've had since I was in Germany. Overall, very good. My only complaint is that the music, a weird mix of Euro club music and dated American pop, was completely out of place and just too loud. I'm sure the owners are sick of German oompah bands, but that's what's appropriate here.

Overall, the Bavarian Haus is very good. Geniesen!