“WOW - Fantastic Bar BQ”
Review of Black Bear Smokehouse - CLOSED

Black Bear Smokehouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We've finally found a GREAT BAR B Q place. Tried the beef brisket and pulled pork and it tasted soooooo smokey and yet almost melted in your mouth.
Also had two sides, coleslaw and potato salad which were very tasty. They have 15 sauces to choose from. Very clean and the employees are friendly. Don't miss out on this.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Black bear. The server are friends but slow as hell. I think a little disorganized. I would hate there to be a dinner rush. I don't mind waiting if the food is fresh hot and delicious but this visit was a little short of those.

As I said preciously, the sauces are fun delicious and there is something for everyone. The meets are quite flavorful but just not as hot as the first time but still juicy and good portion for money.

The sides were inconsistent today. They have so much potential for success but I did not try the sweet potato since the last time was so bad.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Food was average at best. Service could've been more welcoming. We may give it another try, but I doubt it. We certainly aren't the demographic this business is catering to. With no table service and order/pick up along with the long benches in the middle it lends itself to an outdoor family feel. Nothing wrong with that, just prefer to dine in a place with more ambience. And yes, there are BBQ places with ambience and atmosphere along with great food. Blackbear is a great concept and if my children were still at home we'd certainly be dining there. Just not for me.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This appeared to be a relatively new restaurant, but knowing how much I love BBQ, we decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise! The service was very friendly and informative. The pulled pork serving as well as the side orders was ample enough to allow me to take home some left-overs for dinner. These guys go to the competitive BBQ cook-offs when they have the time and apparently do quite well. You should give their (I'm not sure what they call it) "Brunswick Stew" a try while you're there. A bowl of it would certainly satisfy most, but the side I received was delicious. I'd certainly return, the next occasion I have to visit Mt. Dora.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have heard good and bad about Black Bear, and I finally tried it on Sunday for myself. Everything I had was outstanding, from the meat to the sides to the sauces! Their brisket could win an award, it was so tasty and tender. Would highly recommend this restaurant.