“Great BBQ with your choice of sauces” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Bear Smokehouse - CLOSED

Black Bear Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“Great BBQ with your choice of sauces”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Every BBQ place is unique. This one gives you a huge counter with a large variety of regional sauces for your BBQ. Loved the ribs, but what I remember best is the perfectly seasoned green beans I ordered as a side. It's worth a trip there just for that.

• Visited May 2014

Jensen Beach, Florida
“Best BBQ in Lake County”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We met our family here when we visited the area. They said it was great and they were right. You go through a line like a cafeteria, pick your main and sides. I had the beef brisket with fries and greens, my hub had the same and our creature of habit (the teen) had the chicken with double fries. Hub and I both agreed the brisket was fantastic. Not fatty, dry or tough, but cooked to moist, tender perfection. The greens would make any southern cook proud. One probably doesn't think much about french fries but being unable to eat bread I eat a lot of them. Most places serve half cooked, greasy fries. These were a delight. Crispy and it was like they weren't even fried. The picky creature (my teen) loved his chicken, it was moist and cooked through. He said this BBQ was just as good as Colorado. Now considering that the Colorado BBQ joint was the best we had ever put in our mouth that is saying quite a bit about the Black Bear Smokehouse, and we find a BBQ place EVERYWHERE we travel. The variety of sauces were fantastic. It's nice to have a variety and not just regular, sweet and hot.

The seating reminded me of having a picnic. Picnic tables to go with the BBQ! Our whole family enjoyed visiting and the meal and we look forward to going back again on the next visit.

• Visited March 2014
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Solid choice, worth visiting when truly hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Solid selection and competitive prices. Centrally located in Mount Dora and definitely a place to eat whether a local or visiting. The portions are generous and the huge variety of sauces should be perfect for every palate.

• Visited April 2014
Daytona Beach, Florida
“WOW - Fantastic Bar BQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We've finally found a GREAT BAR B Q place. Tried the beef brisket and pulled pork and it tasted soooooo smokey and yet almost melted in your mouth.
Also had two sides, coleslaw and potato salad which were very tasty. They have 15 sauces to choose from. Very clean and the employees are friendly. Don't miss out on this.

Visited March 2014
Urbana, IL
“Second time same as the first ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Black bear. The server are friends but slow as hell. I think a little disorganized. I would hate there to be a dinner rush. I don't mind waiting if the food is fresh hot and delicious but this visit was a little short of those.

As I said preciously, the sauces are fun delicious and there is something for everyone. The meets are quite flavorful but just not as hot as the first time but still juicy and good portion for money.

The sides were inconsistent today. They have so much potential for success but I did not try the sweet potato since the last time was so bad.