“"WatDoYaWant"”
Review of Taste of Chicago and More - CLOSED

Taste of Chicago and More
Reviewed 15 August 2013

When I think of "CHICAGO" I think of Chicago Pizza, Chicago Mafia, Chicago Jazz Music, Chicago's O'Hare Airport, The Great Chicago Fire or The Cub's but, not a Hot Dog Stand in sleepy Mount Dora, FL. However, there are days when you'll feel like you're In The "Windy City" seated out on those benches in front of this diner but, this place makes their living (?) serving Chicago HOT DOGS. The night we stopped, several weeks after their opening (sorry, guessing date posted), the Menu Board had big letters scribbled across it that said... "NO Fries" and "No Burgers" so, we assume they only serve~ just Hot Dogs. Like Seinfeld's 'Soup Nazi', better not ask for anything else! I expected a warm greeting but, we were both met with a 'watdoyawant" atmosphere so, we quickly placed our orders and waited obediently at our table till our meals were served in paper baskets. I will say: Luckily they are located near the Mount Dora High School and one of Mount Dora's busiest intersections, as I can't imagine 'making a go of it'.... just offering Hot Dogs.
I'm sure it will get better but, I didn't think it was anything memorable. I kept thinking we were better off, going home and grilling a tasty char-broiled treat from Publix : 'Nathans', 'Hebrew National', 'Boar's Head', 'Steakhouse', or even a 'Ballpark' or, (geez) 'Oscar Meyer'....it would have been cheaper and lacked 'an attitude'. It left me wondering what "...The More" In their title WAS? I wish them only the best and hope they 're-tune' their efforts before another 'St.Valentine's Day Massacre'.

1  Thank BentleyBoy

Reviewed 12 June 2013

No, I'm not a Bears fan. Yes, I am Blackhawks fan. No, on the Bulls. Yes, on the Sox and Cubbies. Divided loyalties? Not hardly! The only loyalty that counts is to the Vienna Hot Dog Chicago-Style and it is here in Mount Dora!!!! An Honest Dog for Honest workin' guys and gals with pre-blanched and hence really crispy fries! All the trimmings including the nuclear green pickle relish! I'm going back for a milk shake (hope they are malted) and maybe a Polish. The guys on staff are great and the owner is the best! Nothing you can do about the traffic noise but - Go, Go, GO!

Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Yum! There's no catsup on these dogs! Buns were a bit too soft, but better than the opposite! If it were truly Chicago fries would have been frozen to start and in the basket nestled up next to the dog. But hey, this is Florida. Fries were fresh cut and separately served. Pinic table area was clean and landscaped. The teenager checking on customers was a step up. We will go back. Hopefully properties adjacent will get nicer and it will be even more pleasant!