“Blowfish with Gold Chain” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pisces Rising

Pisces Rising
Reserve with OpenTable
Pisces Rising is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Central Florida, Florida
“Blowfish with Gold Chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Well, I Kept My Word ! It's been 4 years since I returned to Pisces Rising for dinner, having previously been treated like a Blow Fish at a Fancy Seafood Convention (see review 2008). Reading the reviews posted here, it seems the rigid Hostess (owner) still needs a lesson in 'how to treat folks on arrival' but, on this occasion we were greeted by our Server and she was gracious and attentive. I brought my wife, a customer, and his girlfriend, who in a last minute decision, asked for "seafood and someplace with a great view".... that would narrow the choice in Mount Dora to ONE. Perhaps distracted by the view or, the "house specials" my client & I instead ordered the Pork Tenderloin dish, my wife the Chicken and his girlfriend the Gumbo ( what happened to the 'seafood' request?). Seated outside, you are surrounded by everything from Bikers, to overweight women in short shorts, to aristocrats in sport jackets. It's definitely a mixed bag there. The tables & chairs look filthy but, I determined it was the dark colored paint wearing off from years of hard use. The 'misters' keep you cool in the humid Summer weather and the music will have you shouting at your partners but, all-in-all this place still deserves 'kudos' for great food and the landmark view. It's not like dining out overlooking the Ocean in Carmel, CA. but, for Central FL. this place offers a great Sunset View of LAKE Dora. Despite all the +/- verbiage contained here on this website: 'you gotta be good to have lasted 4 years in this economy in this town'. Bite your lip, suck in your horny blowfish sides and check it out. Bring your dive bag stuffed w/ cash: it was $145 for 4 including 1 drink each and tip for the gracious service. So, Blowfish with Gold Chain.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BentleyBoy

Mount Dora, Florida, United States
“An Aatronomical Expense”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Food was not cooked to order and when it was, it had no taste. Prime Rib for $29 should be something to enjoy. This had not taste and was a poor cut of meat. They claim it is slow cooked, but it appears there was no chef involved. Burger was the same. Will not return.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tom F
PiscesManager, General Manager at Pisces Rising, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to critique your experience at Pisces Rising. However, I would say my real disappointment comes from not being able to provide a solution for you at the time you were dining. Our managers are constantly moving about the dining room, and are always ready to act in a proactive manner to assure Guest Satisfaction. I can tell you that I have shared your observations with our Chef and his Culinary Team. We only use top Choice Angus for our Prime Rib, and we roast it at a low temperature for 4-6 hours. Then, we carve per order. However, if something is not up to standard, we like to know. That way we can take steps to provide a solution such as finding something else on the menu for you, and taking it up with our Vendor about the quality of a product that very day. I do sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to impress. Our Culinary Team has taken your critiques very seriously, and you will find your next experience to be nothing short of top notch. That I can guarantee. If there is anything I can do, please just drop by and say hello.

Joshua Jungferman
Pisces Rising
Dwight, Ontario
“Great location for dinner and drinks!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Enjoy sunsets from the patio. The sit up bar is fun and complete with misters or heat depending on the season. Music is lively and always a good crowd. Lunch is good, but a little disappointed with dinner in the dining room. It was just average and the service was slow and not very attentive.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Janinescott
Tampa Bay Florida
“The dinner place in Mt. Dora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Don't miss this one. Beautiful restaurant and wonderful service (Michael was the best), It is fine dining in an elegant casual atmospher. Starting with perfect cocktails and 3 from the Sea appitisers with calamari, conch friters and crab cakes. Our table enjoyed Jambalaya, Seafood Paella and fish of the day. The corn chowder soup was warm and wonderful. We all sharred a Mouthfull - a - Sunshine Orange cake and it was the perfect ending of a beautiful meal. Porch or dining room there is a view of the lake. After dinner plan on a stroll around town to work off the last bit of dinner. We will be back.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank patron175
DAVIE
“Best spot in Mt Dora!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Excellent deck bar with great sunset view. Live music and pitchers of mojitos!

Visited May 2012