“Great lunch”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Was suggested by a local for lunch. Excellent food, service and ambience. Quaint. Chicken sandwich with cranberry relish greasy. Very reasonably priced

1  Thank Joel R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My husband & I went here for our 38th anniversary at the beginning of Aug. When I called to make our reservation I told the person it was for our anniversary & again when we arrived. I guess I expected a little something, maybe a little piece of cake to share or something else little. We did get a Happy Anniversary when I told him again after we arrived. We arrived at 5:30 for our reservation and didn't get out of there till 8:00 even though there were only a couple of people there at the time. As for the food my husband loved his steak, said it was one of the best he's had. My salmon was ok. A little over done. Every thing else was very good. It is a nice quiet little place with a lot of charm.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Eating here is a treat. It is like dining in a library of an old house. The food was excellent, the service superb and choose from outside dining or inside. Located in an alley and wonderfully landscaped.

1  Thank Randy C
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We loved the menu, the ambience, and Michael, our waiter. Although it's small, it's big on satisfaction. Do yourself a favor and enjoy a reasonably priced dinner.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

On a recent visit to Mount Dora, several locals recommended The Goblin Market for dinner and I am so glad they did. It was one of those meals that made you moan out loud with every bite. The lamb chops were seriously the best I ever had and the sides were also fantastic. We also had escargot - delicious - and some shrimp appetizer, also delicious. The wine list is impressive and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the quaint outdoor patio. It's a little cramped out there but the atmosphere is relaxing with the small waterfall and being surrounding by lush plants. Our waiter was also top notch, attentive but not annoying and it was nice that they didn't rush us out at the end of evening. This restaurant will be on my list to visit again if I return to Mount Dora, which I hope to do soon.