“Festival Menu” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Festival Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

At lunch time during the fall craft fair, we were weaving through the crowds looking for a place to sit and rest (and eat!) Wandered into this restaurant and to our surprise they seated us right away.

We were handed a paper "festival" menu with eight offerings at $10.95 each, plus drinks. I completely understand why they had to have a limited menu and I suppose it was pretty smart planning. The craft fair crowd was MASSIVE and to offer a full menu would have been a real challenge. A friend and I ordered the Portobello Caesar Wrap after being assured that they did not use anchovies in their Caesar dressing. The rest of our party each ordered the 1906 Tampa sandwich. I have to admit that at $10.95, I was pretty disappointed in my wrap. But, it was sustenance and kept me going for the rest of the afternoon.

The bright spot of our meal was our server. I wish I had caught his name because he was pretty special. You'd imagine that because of the craziness of the day, you'd be rushed and not treated with the hospitality you might normally receive during a typical visit. But he was so kind and patient with us that it really impressed me. Always had a smile and our drinks were never empty.

I would return based solely on the service he provided us, with the hope of sitting in his section and getting a better meal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

DeLand, Florida
“Don't go during Art Show!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

5 of us went to the Art Show today. We went in due to sign outside advertising Shrimp and Grits. One of our party love them. Due to the Art show they served only 6 items, all priced for $10.95. We each had something different, Shrimp and Grits, Cuban Sandwich (call 1906 Tampa), Rice and Beans, Shrimp and Fish Tacos, and Portabella Wrap. Nobody liked the taste of their food, everything was very blah and poor quality. The Cuban was cold and the cheese not melted. The Shrimp in the grits and tacos were nasty tiny can flavored shrimp. The portion size was very small for all but the rice and beans. One would think that if you limit your menu for an event and charge a lot for the meal, that everything would be excellent. DO NOT GO HERE

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Damascus, Virginia
“Great burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We ate here during the bike festival...mainly because the manager was so friendly and brought us a menu. Over two days the three of us had a few burgers, which were awesome, pork BBQ and a chicken sandwich. Great new place in town with great management.

The Villages, Florida
“Great choice for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My first time visiting the town and we found this place for lunch while wandering around. We ate inside in the bar area, but the outdoor seating and main dining room looked nice too. We had four in our group and everything we had was excellent. The fried shrimp basket, fried catfish baskets were good. The cole slaw had golden raisins which were very nice. The cuban sandwich, which has some special name that I cannot remember, was excellent. The salmon was also good. The best thing we had was the seafood dip with scallops and shrimp. Just wonderful. The homemade potato salad was also a winner. Highly recommended.

“awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I ate there today with my family. Everything was great. Service, food and atmosphere, hands down... The best restaurant in Florida!!!