“Never a Disappointment”

Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Looking for the unusual British fayre? Come in and have a meal with the Royals. We provide food, fun, beer & wine, special dinner shows, Breakfast on Sat & Sun. Closed Wednesday. Summer hours Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri 11:00am until 4:00pm, Sat & Sun 9:00am-4:30pm; * unless a dinner show is scheduled. We offer the best quality food, service, and atmosphere. We are known for our Scottish Salmon, Pot Roast Sunday, Bangers & Mash, and High Tea as well as everything in between.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I dine at Windsor Rose on every visit to Mt. Dora. My favorite dish is the chicken and leek pie. It's beyond compare. The service is sometimes a little slow, but everything is prepared to order and worth the wait!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked a reservation for my family and 2 friends=party of 6(Sunday of Memorial Day weekend). We were promptly seated and order taken for tea(large selection available). Our breakfast choices were ample and took some time to decide what each of us wanted. Staff was very informative and polite. Breakfast was delicious and never felt rush to eat/leave. Reasonable prices too! Would return for afternoon tea/sandwiches/scones next time...on our to do list! I did return to purchase a tea set(tea kettle/mugs) that same day. Can purchase tea, accessories and etc. on the premises. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank FloridaHappytrails
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Reuben sandwich is large and very tasty. Soups are great. Many good choices of teas. Beer and wine as well.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were told to make sure we ate breakfast at this tea room when we were staying in Mt Dora. We entered Sunday morning at 10 am and were promptly seated by the owner. Then we sat for fifteen minutes with waitresses all going by us without stopping to see if we wanted any coffee or tea. Or even acknowledging us!! I finally got up and went to the owner to see if we had a waitress at this table! She apologized and came to take our order herself. She struggled with placing the order and even had to come back to the table to ask questions about our order. It was another five minutes before we had our coffee! While watching around, it appeared we were not the only ones having issues. I would think a tea room who serves breakfast and lunch would have all the kinks worked out by now. When our food finally arrived, it was absolutely wonderful. The omelet and hash browns with the wheat berry bread were delicious!! I just wish more attention was paid to all patrons in this quaint tea room. Maybe if was an off day!

Marsha G, Owner at Windsor Rose Tea Room & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for your remarks. We had the second largest Breakfast in our history on this day. We were somewhat short staffed but we made smiles out of nearly everyone that came in. By 10:00am we had already turned the room once. We do everything made to order so it is not surprizing that it takes a little longer. We have no excuse for lack of service--we had plenty of people to cover--sometimes it takes the whole team to work in tandem. I remember your table--please return, we will be sure to make your next trip even better!...Thanks for your candid remarks, this helps us to improve!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great service. Excellent raspberry iced tea. Excellent broccoli soup. You can order traditional teas and I could see the presentation was quite nice. I would recommend a visit.