“Fun Time!”

Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Looking for the unusual British fayre? Come in and have a meal with the Royals. We provide food, fun, beer & wine, special dinner shows, Breakfast on Sat & Sun. Closed Wednesday. Summer hours Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri 11:00am until 4:00pm, Sat & Sun 9:00am-4:30pm; * unless a dinner show is scheduled. We offer the best quality food, service, and atmosphere. We are known for our Scottish Salmon, Pot Roast Sunday, Bangers & Mash, and High Tea as well as everything in between.
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I had a very nice time there, they have hats, scarves and things like that that you can wear while you there if you want to. I had the traditional High Tea finger sandwiches meal that came with 2 desserts! It was fabulous. Call though if you have a large party for reservations as it is a small building, our server was very nice, but there was one who was kinda off putting. Overall though good food and a lovely time was had.

Marsha G, Owner at Windsor Rose Tea Room & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Normally our service is superb. I would love to know which server you found exception with as all our servers have been with us many years. Glad you enjoyed your time with us, we hope to see you again!
Thanks,

Marsha

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Probably my third or fourth time of taking afternoon tea at this restaurant, but I was very disappointed this time. The scones were very large and dry, hardly a dainty afternoon delight. The large slab of Sponge cake was likewise very dry and tasteless. When mentioning this I was told, with a wonderfully straight face, that I was meant to pour tea over it to moisten it and it would then bring out the flavor of the tea! The two Danish pastries accompanying the sponge were also not a good choice for an afternoon English Tea. In total I feel there was barely $5 worth of vitals on that two tier plate. Sorry, but I did not enjoy this visit.

6  Thank Anthony F

I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit. Your server was Tracy and as she is British, it is common in England to put a teaspoon of tea on your scones, so she was trying to be helpful. The scones are made fresh daily and so is the Victoria Sponge cake. The sponge is not like a pound cake where it is moist, it is meant to be more on the dry side. You can modify your Windsor for Two with other options if you do not like all the breadstuffs; but this is a traditional English Tea as started by one of the ladies-in waiting to Queen Victoria in 1899. If you want to customize your Windsor you must call in advance but you can sub a scoop of chicken salad, a piece of Quiche, and fruit with the finger sandwiches with an upcharge if you do not like the scone and cake. Most people come for the Windsor for Two and often for One or Three and love it. You should have asked for the Manager or Owner if you were so unhappy and it could have been rectified while you were here. The costs of goods involved in a scone with cream and jam alone are $5.00 so you are a little off base. Please try us again and ask for one of the owners. Thanks for your comments. Marsha

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Excellent!
1. Accommodated us when we doubled the size of the group at the last minute.
2. Served everyone quickly - efficiently, and with a smile!
3. Owner spoke to the group on the history of the monarchy in England and on some of their traditions as well.
4. "Comped" meal for driver and tour director which was very kind
5. Easy to work with: Marsha was an absolute doll taking care of the last minute issues, and my goodness, what can you say? if you are bringing a group the food is delicious, the company friendly, and the service top notch.
*** When you are wondering where to go with all the places in town to pick from, COME HERE! You will be happy, cool in the a.c, & well taken care of every moment,

1  Thank Sheryl E
Marsha G, Owner at Windsor Rose Tea Room & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thanks so much--your group was a pleasure! I secretly like the challenge of making the impossible happen, as long as it isn't everyday! You are welcome Sheryl! Marsha, Paul and staff--they all felt like superstars during that last minute change for accomplishing everything with our best!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

What a great way to start the day. English scone with clotted cream, jam and a nice cup of Lady Grey tea! #teatime #englishscones #mountdora

Marsha G, Owner at Windsor Rose Tea Room & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thanks! Marsha & Paul

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Ate breakfast here on a Saturday morning. My husband had the pancakes. They were light and fluffy! I had the My Lord Essex breakfast. Two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. The place is decorated nicely! Service was great.

Thanks for spreading the word! Thanks from everyone in our appreciative staff!