“Inconsistent service but Alex was great!”
Review of Lakeside Inn

Lakeside Inn
Ranked #28 of 118 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

With our stay at Lakeside, we were given coupons to use for meals which was great! We used one for lunch on Saturday and had an excellent meal and service by Alex. We decided to get breakfast next morning but it didn't go so well. Alex was not working and we sat inside. I have to day service was slow, slow, slow. When our breakfast finally arrived, it was not completely correct and it was cold. We did not send it back as we had waited so long to receive it so we ate what we could.

1  Thank 53marialadiva

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I made the reservation to coincide with the start of brunch, which I was told was 10:30. We arrived,with my 93 year old mother, to be told that the brunch began at 11:00, which (I was told) was the time I had made the reservation for. The variety of buffet items was very nice, the presentation was lovely, the staff was excellent and with the exception of a few items, the food was good. I was told that the brunch was between $35 and $39, per person ( can't remember the exact amount). Having been to the Lakeside Inn buffet brunch before, I expected that amount to be inclusive, excepting tax and gratuity. I was very disappointed to discover that neither coffee, nor the usual mimosa were included. The bill was $ 168.00, for 3 people, which I consider excessive!

3  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A favorite 'activity' of ours is to spend an hour or so sitting in a rocker on the porch, overlooking Lake Dora. Sunset is perfectly relaxing. Breakfast/brunch is quite lovely in such an atmosphere. The food inside the main restaurant is good, although the service is occasionally slow. The bar is a good place to meet with friends from out of town.

1  Thank chemist-cook
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were very excited to dine at the Lakeside Inn, a historical hotel, with a great ambiance and beautiful terrace with a lake view. However, we had to request a server change because our original server was slow and unattentive. I ordered a Caribbean salad, with shrimp, heart of palms, avocado and walnuts. The shrimp were nicely grilled, but the dressing was poured straight from a jar, the heart of palms were hard and stringy and two tiny pieces of avocado that I almost missed were totally unedible. I was disappointed that such a nice facility put so little care in their meal and service.

1  Thank Clara_Guzman
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We ate at the Lakeside Inn but did not stay there. This had so much promise. The location is picture perfect overlooking the lake. The grounds are beautiful with a nice long dock out into the lake. You'll want to take lots of pictures. We made reservations for Sunday Brunch but when we arrived, we were told they weren't serving Brunch and we could order off the menu. Dining on the porch was very pleasant. When we arrived at noon, we were surprised to see so many empty tables as we thought it would be full. Afterwards, it was apparent why. The food was not quite up to the view and I would rate it average. The service was fine but slightly slow. I was misinformed about the soup of the day. It was still good, just not what I expected. The Caesar salad was rather bland and my Monte Cristo sandwich was fine but the dipping sauce was watery and should have been thicker.

We wanted to check out a room for a possible future visit, but the staff was unhelpful and wouldn't let us see a room or provide much information about rates, suggesting we go to their website. After that unhelpful and uninformative encounter, we don't think we care what is on the website.
On our next visit to Mt Dora, we will probably wander down to the lake for the great view but we would choose somewhere else to eat and lodge.

3  Thank ddocean