“Awesome, Beautiful, Peaceful.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Historic inn on gorgeous lake, stately oaks with flowing Spanish moss. Happy hour at fun tavern and wonderful breakfast on veranda. Could not be better.

1  Thank Patricia Michae... O

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were given a veranda table overlooking the grounds that included the historic buildings and lake. I would go so far as to say that few establishments could surpass this location as a dining venue. The waiter (Alex) was very attentive and skilled at his job and we felt as though we had his full attention. While there was a range of food available we tried the soup and Monte Cristo Sandwich. The Monte Cristo sandwich was an experience and not one for weight watchers, as it was a deep fried sandwich! Tasted great. We'll visit again if we are ever in the Mt Dora area again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

With our stay at Lakeside, we were given coupons to use for meals which was great! We used one for lunch on Saturday and had an excellent meal and service by Alex. We decided to get breakfast next morning but it didn't go so well. Alex was not working and we sat inside. I have to day service was slow, slow, slow. When our breakfast finally arrived, it was not completely correct and it was cold. We did not send it back as we had waited so long to receive it so we ate what we could.

1  Thank 53marialadiva
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I made the reservation to coincide with the start of brunch, which I was told was 10:30. We arrived,with my 93 year old mother, to be told that the brunch began at 11:00, which (I was told) was the time I had made the reservation for. The variety of buffet items was very nice, the presentation was lovely, the staff was excellent and with the exception of a few items, the food was good. I was told that the brunch was between $35 and $39, per person ( can't remember the exact amount). Having been to the Lakeside Inn buffet brunch before, I expected that amount to be inclusive, excepting tax and gratuity. I was very disappointed to discover that neither coffee, nor the usual mimosa were included. The bill was $ 168.00, for 3 people, which I consider excessive!

3  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A favorite 'activity' of ours is to spend an hour or so sitting in a rocker on the porch, overlooking Lake Dora. Sunset is perfectly relaxing. Breakfast/brunch is quite lovely in such an atmosphere. The food inside the main restaurant is good, although the service is occasionally slow. The bar is a good place to meet with friends from out of town.

1  Thank chemist-cook