This is no ordinary b&b, the sign in the living room says come as strangers and leave as friend's. Never was a statement so true, Patti and Gordie are the perfect hosts, never the same breakfast everyday, and the 5 o'clock wine with chat was a great chance to meet with other guests, and for Patti and Gordie to advise on where to go, where to eat, with there extensive local knowledge, and even to arrange dinner dates, or local excursions. On our last day Patti helped me with our check in on her computer.
The rooms were lovely, and we were told as soon as we needed anything, to let them know, and it would be done. Just a short walk from beautiful mount dora town centre, or the boardwalk. Restaurants are close at hand, and watching the sunset over lake dora, whilst eating dinner just topped it all..
If I have a complaint, it is that we had to go home. You made id special for us, and you deserve to be number 1.
We shall return.
Steve and Pam.x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the historic William Watt House, circa 1906, complete with a saltwater pool and original windmill on site. The owner of many acres of citrus, Watt invented corrugated cardboard as a packaging medium for his oranges. Watt's residence was surrounded by the orange groves.The house sits on over an acre-plus of land within two blocks of downtown Mount Dora, on the corner of Third and Grandview. Quaint shops, fantastic restaurants and antique shops are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grandview Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandview b&b
- Grandview Hotel Mount Dora
- Grandview Bed And Breakfast Mount Dora, Florida