We recently found the newly opened Grandview - the restored Watt house in Mount Dora. We were celebrating our first anniversary and were treated wonderfully. The rooms are interestingly decorated, extremely clean, with crisp linens. The breakfasts are gourmet and very satisfying. Our hosts, Mel and Andy are fantastic and willing to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
There is a pool in the back yard and a wonderful wrap around porch for relaxing while overlooking the pool or in the porch swing. We enjoyed the evenings on the porch sipping a cocktail and visiting with our hosts.
The Grandview was a wonderful relaxing stay without pretense. We were made to feel completely at home, thanks to our hosts. Wine was served in the late afternoon.
The Grandview is located only a couple of blocks from downtown, easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and lake activities. Highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the historic William Watt House, circa 1906, complete with a saltwater pool and original windmill on site. The owner of many acres of citrus, Watt invented corrugated cardboard as a packaging medium for his oranges. Watt's residence was surrounded by the orange groves.The house sits on over an acre-plus of land within two blocks of downtown Mount Dora, on the corner of Third and Grandview. Quaint shops, fantastic restaurants and antique shops are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grandview Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandview b&b
- Grandview Hotel Mount Dora
- Grandview Bed And Breakfast Mount Dora, Florida