“The hidden gem of Mount Dora, Florida”
Review of Ceviche & Tapas Peruvian Dining - CLOSED

Ceviche & Tapas Peruvian Dining
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A few weeks ago I was glimpsing through several different "groupons" on my mobile app and came across coupons for Cebiche & Tapas. Although I did not purchase a coupon, I decided to "google" and find out a little more about the restaurant. I read the reviews found on this website and decided to give it a try. Well let me tell you, what an amazing culinary experience I had. I decided to sit outside since it was a beautiful sunny day, I was greeted by a server, who happened to be the owner's daughter. I asked for the owner, as I was intrigued at who was the person in the kitchen who creates such delicacies. Mr. Jorge Bracamonte came over and introduced himself, what a great person he is. He recommended a few plates from the menu, but I had set in my mind what I wanted. I ordered the Cebiche Neptune (BEST CEVICHE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!) The seafood in it was so fresh and delicious! I also ordered the "Chaufa" and "lomo saltado". And no, I did not eat everything by myself, I went with a friend and we shared all this delicious food. Let me tell you, they serve hefty plates and you pay close to nothing. Very inexpensive, but money aside, THE FOOD IS EXTRAORDINARILY DELICIOUS!!! Please, if you have a chance, go try the food from this restaurant, Mr. Bracamonte will be delighted to satisfy any palette, cooking is his passion and you can tell from the second you step foot, in this hidden gem of Mount Dora, Florida, just 7 minutes away downtown Mount Dora.

6  Thank Aventureraculinaria
There are newer reviews for Ceviche & Tapas Peruvian Dining

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I drove passed the restaurant today and decide to give it a visit after checking out the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. I was greeted by Daniel the very friendly and helpful waiter and decided
on the Cerbiche Super Cholo. When asked by the owner/chef, Mr. Jorje, if I would like it spicy I thought "what the heck, why not" and went for it. What an amazing variety of tastes on one plate.
Unless you really like spicy, as in "runny nose" spicy, go for the regular. Even so the dish was exceptional and the sweet potato and sweet corn balanced the flavor of the cerviche remarkably well.
I then had the Causa de Pollo. Another wonderful dish. As the portions are quite large I didn't have room for desert but snagged a cookie on the way out. A superb almond cookie sandwich.

I wish I had found this spotlessly clean and regionally decorated restaurant last week as I would have visited it again during my sadly too short vacation down here in Mt Dora.

2  Thank 072612p
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I loved the food, and the atmosphere was nice. The Server was so polite (and he was pretty cute too). Everything was fresh and high quality.

1  Thank viki_a_pu
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We came to this restaurant because of a coupon and when we arrived were a little concerned at the lack of patrons, but decided to try it anyway, I am so glad we did. I must admit I haven't had Peruvian food before so I can't compare it to that, BUT it was so good and so fresh and so tasty, I can't see anyone doing it better. We did try the cerviche with just the tilapia. Although we ordered it mild, it still had a nice kick and wonderful flavors.The Russian salad is outstanding, as was the chicken saldano. The waitress was friendly and very helpful. The owner/cook was ultra freindly and prreciative. They have been in business 4 short months and he says business is picking up. I hope, for him, that it really continues that way. It would be a shame to see a treasure like this not make it. It is NOT in downtown Mt. Dora, so they need word of mouth to help them.

1  Thank nothingleft
Reviewed 29 January 2014

There is a new Peruvian restaurant in Mt. Dora, FL. It is owned and run by Peruvian people and they serve some wonderful food.
They are working out the kinks of opening a new business but they are so friendly and the food has been very fresh and delicious.
One of their specialties is ceviche but we have not tried that.
We've had the causa (potato) appetizers which are unique and plenty to share.
The Lomo Saltado Is excellent. It is beef cooked with peppers and onions in a great sauce served over potatoes.
The Aji de Gallion is a chicken stew in a velvety sauce.
If its available, save room for the homemade creme carmel dessert.

1  Thank GrandmaD066