“Adora is a fantastic experience!”
Review of Adora Inn

Adora Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Adora was a fantastic experience in all respects. John and Arthur are consummate hosts who will make your trip an outstanding experience. The 1916 house is gorgeous, the rooms (especially the Treehouse) are awesome and the location is perfect. Better yet, the breakfasts were gourmet treats with homemade pastries, fruits and frittatas! We literally sat for 2 hours chatting with John and Arthur over breakfast. Our hosts knew all the best restaurants (and those to avoid) and directed us to an unexpected outing tubing down a spring river nearby. Pool available from neighboring facility. We recommend Adora highly and look forward to our return. Bravo Adora!

Room Tip: Top floor Treehouse is great, including the huge tub!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We found the Adora Inn here on Trip Advisor. I booked a girls getaway for the Memorial weekend. We stayed in the Camel suite, a two room suite with a full bathroom. The Inn was adorable outside and in. The rooms were clean, spacious, and perfectly decorated. The owners John and Arthur were fabulous they were so nice and accommodating. They gave us an overview of town and recommended some places for dinner and drinks. This was my first time staying in a bed and breakfast and I had a wonderful experience. My favorite thing about the Adora Inn was the delicious breakfast we were served every morning. Hats off to both John and Arthur, breakfast was fresh and healthy and they really considered their guests. One morning we had a wonderful frittata and fruit bowl with a lemon polenta cake (I'm getting hungry just thinking of it now). My mother has a food allergy to eggs and they made alternatives just for her and I don't mean a bowl of cereal.

I came back after my stay in Mount Dora feeling refreshed and have not stopped raving about the Adora Inn. I have recommended it as the perfect weekend getaway to anyone that would listen. Can't wait to plan my next trip back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank YOUPICKITWEPLANIT
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time to say the least! John was very thoughtful and our room - the tree house room - was fantastic, clean and immaculately designed! I've stayed at a number of b and b's throughout the US and Adora Inn was the best one! Even better than the ones in NYC I've stayed at! The food service and cleanliness was perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Having never been to Mount Dora we did not have any idea what to expect. We could have done none better than to stay at this amazing Inn. While my husband and I enjoyed the shopping at all the great independent shops, the best part of the trip was the friendship, conversation and personal touches John and Arthur showed us. Breakfast reminded us of what meals should be....great food and even better conversation. If you are looking for a place that will make you feel right at home and give you a personal connection with Mount Dora, stay no where else!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SewFlorida
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Adora Inn this past weekend, and had a terrific time. We've stayed in dozens of B&Bs and rank the Adora amongst the very best. Our room was large, comfortable, and clean. The breakfasts were delightful, and we so enjoyed meeting the owners John and Arthur. Looking forward to our next stay at the Adora.

Room Tip: The "Vanilla" room shares the top floor with only one other room, "Treehouse". S...
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I decided to visit Mt. Dora, a quiet and charming little town not too far from home (Miami).

We searched for B&B online and we really liked the location of the Adora Inn which is walking distance to all the shops and restuarants that Mt. Dora has to offer.

John and Arthur welcomed us to their beautiful home. It felt warm and inviting from the moment we drove in.

We stayed in the Periwinkle room.. The colors were so soothing.. It felt that we were in a retreat the whole time.. What about the breakfast? Absolutely delicious.

We look forward to our next visit to Mt. Dora in our home away from home, The Adora Inn.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

My girlfriend and I tried a B&B for the first time and the Adora Inn was awesome! Rooms were very clean and comfortable, food was excellent, Owners John and Arthur were extremely welcoming and we loved the modern style. Great time!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Dora
#1 of 11 in Mount Dora
Farnsworth House
Farnsworth House
#4 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Adora Inn? Share your experiences!