“Five Star Week-End at Adora Inn”
Review of Adora Inn

Adora Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Five Star Week-End at Adora Inn”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you are looking for a cozy, comfortable, beautiful and welcoming place to stay during your visit to charming Mt. Dora, we highly recommend the Adora Inn. Your hosts, John and Arthur will treat you like family, and make every effort to ensure a pleasant stay at their B&B. They know their town well and provide excellent shopping, dining and activity tips. We think the best kept secret at the inn are the optional evening dinners. Although we could have dined out downtown, we opted for a romantic dinner on the front porch. Five star service and sumptuous food. The breakfasts....well they are also made from scratch, high in quality and delicious. We hope to return sometime but until then, we wish them and their gentle dogs the best! Thank You so much for your hospitality! Bill & Heidi Condon

Room Tip: Rooms are on the 2nd and third floors We stayed in the Treehouse room, which was a bit more private...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with hosts Arthur and John at their Mount Dora Adora Inn B&B. They were the perfect hosts and very accommodating to my special request for Hazelnut coffee in the mornings. It's 2014, doesn't everyone drink Hazelnut Coffee these days? Thanks guys for your sense of humor!

The Inn has location, location, location and the only one I've found with a walk-in shower. Perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TrinityTodayServices
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hosts John & Arthur are a very down to earth couple that bring a variety of different life experiences to the table. They treat their travelers as they would like to be treated themselves. John is a good conversationalist and Arthur is an exceptional cook. Mummy breakfasts!! Definitely would recommend a stay there.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I loved this place it was close to town, the owners are the best, I love the concept that they each sit down with you at breakfast and talk about their experiences of living in Mt. Dora. The accomodations are clean and comfortable, they provide everything. I love their dogs the best. I will be back for the next extravaganza at Renningers and will most definitely stay at Adora. The breakfast was delicious. When I heard they were both chefs, I wanted to stay here and did not disappoint. Close to downtown and all the bars and restaurants, it was great.

Room Tip: Next time I am going to stay in the treehouse room if available.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dunedin, FL
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

After staying at MANY bed and breakfasts over the years, Adora ranks average in my book. Great location, nice hosts, clean and comfortable (except VERY squeaky stairs). But, the best inns I've stayed in go that extra mile, and I didn't get that feeling here. I really like extra touches (especially at what we paid for a small room) like wine and cheese at arrival a stocked butlers pantry (we've been to some with ice cream and craft beer). High end spa bath products and premium bedding are also a plus. None of these little extras were available. At Adora there are no tvs either. Not a bad thing, but I expected internet service, and we couldn't access from bed (a luxury I really like on a Sunday morning). When I mentioned to both the owners, the answer I got was "I'm not much of a techie". No offer to switch rooms, fix the problem or reduce the price. I loved Mount Dora and will go again, but will stay elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jrchurch
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My fiancé and I had a wonderful time in Mount Dora while staying at the Adora Inn. It was our second time staying there. John & Arthur go above and beyond for their guests by making them feel welcome and comfortable. Aside from the fact they making a breathtaking breakfast each morning for all guests there isn't anything they can't do to make anyone happy there. We would HIGHLY recommend their bed & breakfast to anyone looking to visit there!

Room Tip: They are all good however the Vanilla Room ROCKS!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We are a young couple who has just returned from Mt. Dora. We JUST spent the weekend with John and Arthur and are already trying to find a weekend to go back. They literally open their home to you! They are so helpful in providing recommendations and helping set us up for our day kayaking in Wekiva Springs. But not only that, they show a real interest in their guests are wonderful company. It is nice to get the B&B experience in a home with modern details, instead of feeling like you are in someone's grandmother's home. The house is impeccable and the breakfasts are divine! Each quaint room (most reminiscent of the color they are named for) is simply decorated, well lit and airy. The place is quiet, except in the evenings and during breakfast when eclectic, soothing music is piped in downstairs. This home is just two blocks from the edge of downtown- an absolutely perfect location. They took care of our every concern (didn't have many!) immediately and treated us like a queen and king for our trip. Additionally, they were beyond professional. We are really hoping to find a reason to rent out the whole house, bringing friends/ family with us- if they'll have us! ;)

Thank you so much for making our trip so special.

Room Tip: I think any room is GREAT! Just read the descriptions carefully bc each room is unique, so if you ar...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Dora
#1 of 11 in Mount Dora
Farnsworth House
Farnsworth House
#5 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Adora Inn? Share your experiences!