“Above and beyond” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adora Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Dora
Adora Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have never written a review before because I have never felt compelled to until this time. My wife and I were in Mount Dora for a couple nights back in April and our stay at the Adora Inn exceeded our expectations. The room was perfect. The food was excellent. My wife is on a gluten free diet so the degree of difficulty was certainly higher than usual. The conversation at breakfast was interesting and lively. The hospitality was what sealed the excellent rating. Due to a scheduling error on my part we did not arrive when expected yet John and Arthur grace and kindness that we will never forget. I would not stay anywhere else when in the area and would recommend the Adora Inn to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend stay at the Adora Inn and we can't wait to go back. John and Arthur made us feel like we were visiting with old friends. The inn itself is a wonderful historic house and is decorated in a comfortably modern décor. It is located close enough to everything that we didn't have to use our car at all. Breakfast was always a delicious experience where we got to mingle with our hosts and fellow travelers. I really can't say enough wonderful things about this place and it's owners! Thanks, guys!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vanilla room which is on the third floor. If you don't mind too many stairs, I...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KrazyKoko
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you are looking for a cozy, comfortable, beautiful and welcoming place to stay during your visit to charming Mt. Dora, we highly recommend the Adora Inn. Your hosts, John and Arthur will treat you like family, and make every effort to ensure a pleasant stay at their B&B. They know their town well and provide excellent shopping, dining and activity tips. We think the best kept secret at the inn are the optional evening dinners. Although we could have dined out downtown, we opted for a romantic dinner on the front porch. Five star service and sumptuous food. The breakfasts....well they are also made from scratch, high in quality and delicious. We hope to return sometime but until then, we wish them and their gentle dogs the best! Thank You so much for your hospitality! Bill & Heidi Condon

Room Tip: Rooms are on the 2nd and third floors We stayed in the Treehouse room, which was a bit more private...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William C
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with hosts Arthur and John at their Mount Dora Adora Inn B&B. They were the perfect hosts and very accommodating to my special request for Hazelnut coffee in the mornings. It's 2014, doesn't everyone drink Hazelnut Coffee these days? Thanks guys for your sense of humor!

The Inn has location, location, location and the only one I've found with a walk-in shower. Perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TrinityTodayServices
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hosts John & Arthur are a very down to earth couple that bring a variety of different life experiences to the table. They treat their travelers as they would like to be treated themselves. John is a good conversationalist and Arthur is an exceptional cook. Mummy breakfasts!! Definitely would recommend a stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I loved this place it was close to town, the owners are the best, I love the concept that they each sit down with you at breakfast and talk about their experiences of living in Mt. Dora. The accomodations are clean and comfortable, they provide everything. I love their dogs the best. I will be back for the next extravaganza at Renningers and will most definitely stay at Adora. The breakfast was delicious. When I heard they were both chefs, I wanted to stay here and did not disappoint. Close to downtown and all the bars and restaurants, it was great.

Room Tip: Next time I am going to stay in the treehouse room if available.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dunedin, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

After staying at MANY bed and breakfasts over the years, Adora ranks average in my book. Great location, nice hosts, clean and comfortable (except VERY squeaky stairs). But, the best inns I've stayed in go that extra mile, and I didn't get that feeling here. I really like extra touches (especially at what we paid for a small room) like wine and cheese at arrival a stocked butlers pantry (we've been to some with ice cream and craft beer). High end spa bath products and premium bedding are also a plus. None of these little extras were available. At Adora there are no tvs either. Not a bad thing, but I expected internet service, and we couldn't access from bed (a luxury I really like on a Sunday morning). When I mentioned to both the owners, the answer I got was "I'm not much of a techie". No offer to switch rooms, fix the problem or reduce the price. I loved Mount Dora and will go again, but will stay elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 11 in Mount Dora
Grandview Bed and Breakfast
Grandview Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Adora Inn? Share your experiences!