“Great location and a neat and comfortable B & B”
Review of Adora Inn

Adora Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2014

John and Arthur where very nice host. Neat old house with very comfortable beds great AC on a very hot evening. I heard the food was great but I thought 18.00 each for breakfast was a bit pricey. We went down town and had a great breakfast with very good fresh coffee and food for less than 18.00 for both of us and the people were so nice. But if I go back I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank c21mryan
AdoraInn, Owner at Adora Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Michael & Sheryl thank you for the kind review and glad you were able to take advantage of our Living Social promo of lodging without breakfast. The $84 promo voucher was created to expose new customers to what we have to offer. We are very happy you had a good night sleep and enjoyed the ambiance we have created. The quoted breakfast add-on cost would have totaled an overall $120 rate for both bed and breakfast. Still a great savings from the standard $175 rate for the room you enjoyed. Breakfast at Adora is more like a brunch with everything made fresh in-house each morning. We serve three full courses that may include fruit salads & yogurt parfaits, fresh made pastries, a main course, juices and fresh coffee. And, if needed we are happy to provide vegetarian, gluten free or vegan options. Our guests love our breakfast as so many have reviewed in the past. They are far from the norm and next time we hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy some of our food services. Warmest regards!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Dear Arthur and John,

Our stay with you this weekend was perfection. Thank you so much for having us in your unique and fantastic Inn. The Treehouse room has a fun twist of sooth, elegance and adventure! We loved it. ;) I also enjoyed the delicious breakfast treats that you prepared for us and the great conversation around the table. You two are fabulous hosts; everything that you two have done in bringing together such comfortable and interesting environment is absolutely delightful to me. We plan on coming back to Mount Dora very soon and most certainly look forward to another visit with you and your incredible house.

Take care and thank you again.
Also, I just can't stop thinking about those wonderful dogs!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Adora Inn. Don and Arthur are the consummate hosts. They are both accomplished chefs which showed in the lovely presentation and tastiness of the breakfasts. Furthermore they are accomplished at making their guests feel at home, and they engaged us in lively conversations. The room was exceptionally clean, including the bathroom. The Inn is just a quick block away from the downtown action in Mount Dora, which is a lovely town with antique shops and Boutique Shops and superb dining at fairly reasonable prices. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to my friends and others interested in a special few days away from the hustle of the normal situation.

Room Tip: We chose the Periwinkle Room and we were very pleased. We aldo had a chance to review the Camel Roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald L
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have never written a review before because I have never felt compelled to until this time. My wife and I were in Mount Dora for a couple nights back in April and our stay at the Adora Inn exceeded our expectations. The room was perfect. The food was excellent. My wife is on a gluten free diet so the degree of difficulty was certainly higher than usual. The conversation at breakfast was interesting and lively. The hospitality was what sealed the excellent rating. Due to a scheduling error on my part we did not arrive when expected yet John and Arthur grace and kindness that we will never forget. I would not stay anywhere else when in the area and would recommend the Adora Inn to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend stay at the Adora Inn and we can't wait to go back. John and Arthur made us feel like we were visiting with old friends. The inn itself is a wonderful historic house and is decorated in a comfortably modern décor. It is located close enough to everything that we didn't have to use our car at all. Breakfast was always a delicious experience where we got to mingle with our hosts and fellow travelers. I really can't say enough wonderful things about this place and it's owners! Thanks, guys!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vanilla room which is on the third floor. If you don't mind too many stairs, I...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KrazyKoko
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you are looking for a cozy, comfortable, beautiful and welcoming place to stay during your visit to charming Mt. Dora, we highly recommend the Adora Inn. Your hosts, John and Arthur will treat you like family, and make every effort to ensure a pleasant stay at their B&B. They know their town well and provide excellent shopping, dining and activity tips. We think the best kept secret at the inn are the optional evening dinners. Although we could have dined out downtown, we opted for a romantic dinner on the front porch. Five star service and sumptuous food. The breakfasts....well they are also made from scratch, high in quality and delicious. We hope to return sometime but until then, we wish them and their gentle dogs the best! Thank You so much for your hospitality! Bill & Heidi Condon

Room Tip: Rooms are on the 2nd and third floors We stayed in the Treehouse room, which was a bit more private...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William C
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with hosts Arthur and John at their Mount Dora Adora Inn B&B. They were the perfect hosts and very accommodating to my special request for Hazelnut coffee in the mornings. It's 2014, doesn't everyone drink Hazelnut Coffee these days? Thanks guys for your sense of humor!

The Inn has location, location, location and the only one I've found with a walk-in shower. Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 11 in Mount Dora
Farnsworth House
Farnsworth House
#4 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Adora Inn? Share your experiences!