“Best lunch spot in Mt Dora”
Review of The Garden Gate Tea Room - CLOSED

The Garden Gate Tea Room
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Mt Dora, FL
“Best lunch spot in Mt Dora”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Considering I'm in the local area, I have plenty of opportunity to visit this restaurant often. I do this because it is consistently excellent. It has a charming Victorian feel, which lends itself to feel very feminine. But, smart men know not to let it deter them from dining. It's tucked away behind a bougainvillea archway, so don't try to find a building or huge sign. Well worth the find!

• Visited January 2014

Rock Island, Illinois
“wonderful place for a girls day out”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very charming place for a lunch with friends. A little on the pricey side but for a special occasion it is worth it.

Visited December 2013
Clermont, Florida
“An amazing memorable experience! A must visit place!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I recently hosted my sisters Bridal Shower at The Garden Gate Tea Room. I cannot believe how absolutely gorgeous this place was. So much detail went into this quaint little restaurant. Everyone loved the ambiance! And did I mention the fantastic food??!! Goodness! The salmon was to die for!
The ladies were just wonderful! They were very attentive to our needs; always checking on us. I couldn't have asked for a better gift for my sister. I would always recommend this place to any ladies having a Bridal Shower. This is a must see place! STUNNING!
I can honestly say I didn't have to do much of anything for this shower BUT I naturally got all the credit from my family and sisters friends. Thanks Garden Gate Tea Room!

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Must go for Lunch!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went to Garden Gate for lunch with a friend and the food, atmosphere, and tea was fantastic. The iced tea comes in a sugar rimmed glass with free refills. The day I went they had Peach Black Tea & Pomegranate Tea which were both great. For lunch I ordered the Salmon Souffle and it was full of flavor and moist. Even the salad on the side with orange vinaigrette was good. My friend ordered the artichoke kale crust-less quiche and it was the best I've ever tasted. I would definitely recommend this spot to anyone not only for the food but the atmosphere is so quaint and relaxing.

• Visited November 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Pumpkin cobbler - YUMMY!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My sister and I both ordered the asparagus sandwich with pumpernickel bread which was delicious. Everything in it was fresh. I had the homemade lemon juice and my sister had the cranberry hibiscus iced tea. The glasses had brown sugar encrusted around the edge so it added a little sweetness and crunch. For desert my sister ordered the mint chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate bourbon sauce (Mint Julep). There were no complaints there. I had a pumpkin cobbler, which was not regularly offered, which was absolutely scrumptious! I was so full I could barely get up. I will definitely come back to this restaurant over and over again.

• Visited November 2013