My wife & I have stayed at B&B's from Nantucket to Key West and to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary I was looking for a B&B with character (built 1886), convenient location (1-block from downtown Mt Dora) and preferably a decent breakfast (Jim is an excellent master chef). So after extensive research - and most importantly talking directly to the owner - Jim Tuttle - and exquisite host - Jim made me feel very comfortable from the first phone call. I knew I located a gem. But little did I know another gem is his wife Ana! Besides adding beauty to this very well-kept inn, we had entertaining conversations, outstanding breakfasts and provided excellent recommendations for restaurants and things to do. If you want to see a piece of Florida from the 1800’s I recommend the 2-hr boat cruise to the Dora Canal. Ask for Captain Dan – he’s excellent and worth the tip!
We stayed upstairs in Dick’s room which had a very comfy king-size bed, and immediately outside the room was a quaint outside balcony built for two where we sipped wine and enjoyed the view. With nearly 20 years experience staying at B&B’s, the Mount Dora Historic Inn is a keeper and I hope to develop a lastly friendship with the Inn as well as their owners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded location in historic and romantic Mount Dora, experience gracious hospitality, superb cuisine and comfortable lodging. Conveniently located in downtown, you can walk to all the restaurants, shops and other recreational activities Mount Dora has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Mount Dora Historic Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Dora Historic Hotel Mount Dora
- Mount Dora Historic Inn Florida