Lakeside Inn
La Bella Inn(Tavares)
US$188
US$121
US$118
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,010 results
All reviewshistoric hotellake dorafront porchrocking chairsview of the lakeold floridastep back in timewalk in closetwatch the sunsetnew ownersbeautiful groundscentral floridaglass of winepark your carget awayquaint townwedding anniversary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The staff is wonderful. The lobby, bar and restaurant are good, but the rooms are a dump!! Lakeside Inn promotes itself as a quaint, historic inn. Believe me the rooms aren't quaint, they are just old. They said many of their rooms are renovated. I had a "renovated room" and I don't think fresh paint and new-ish indoor plumbing is a renovation. And I have to wonder where they got the room furniture, K-Mart, Walmart, garage sale, or cast offs from someone's front yard? The bathroom has a modern toilet and a "new" pedestal sink but the bathtub was old and stained with old, rusted 70's fixtures which marginally work and a broken stopper so there was no way to fill the tub. I went in for a glass of wine at the bar on a Thursday night and found that it had closed at 8:00 p.m. And the advertised complimentary wi-fi in my room was frustratingly slow. It was just about as fast as dial-up internet from the 1980's. My room was $179 per night. I left mid-stay and I won't be back!!! It's pathetic.......

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 5 March 2014

From my days as a callow college student coming to FL during break, through Disney trips with my young daughters, I have detested Florida...the disregard for history, the profit-driven "attractions", the madness of Miami traffic. Then, on the invitation of a friend, driven mostly by a desire to escape this most recent endlessly frigid winter, I flew to Tampa (ugh) and was transported to the Lakeside Inn and Mt Dora. A return to what Florida must have been: veranda with rocking chairs, a sweep of lawn and gardens down to the lake (with alligators!), strolls to the adjacent small town of Mr Dora with blocks of restored buildings of infinite designs from the early 20th century, enough restaurants to keep life interesting, dinners at the Inn where live music seemed to happen every night.

The historic Inn is being restored by owners who pursue this mission, and who have created a community which draws in both tourists and townspeople to events scheduled throughout the year. I just missed an art festival that took place in town and at the Inn. Five days in the serenity and warmth of the Lakeside Inn sent me back with courage to face the rest of the ice sheet here in the Northeast. I, who belittle Snow Birds, am plotting my return next winter.

Room Tip: Don't miss the sunset over Lake Dora.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank 592jeanned
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at The Lakeside Inn in Mt. Dora, Florida. It is the oldest inn in the state of Florida, and President Cleveland and his wife stayed there after he retired from office. The hotel is quaint and charming, very clean, beautiful view of Lake Dora and a delightful place to stay. Excellent dining room as well. I highly recommend the scenic cruise on the lake with the guided tour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Virginia L
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This year was my third visit to the Lakeside Inn. As I pulled into the drive and saw the familiar line of rocking chairs on the long veranda - it felt like I'd come home. The staff was welcoming and helpful; many remembered me from previous visits. Except for breakfast on the veranda - I took most of my meals in the lounge. (Let me call anyone's attention to the chicken pot pie along with the ale on draft.)
I was there alone for a week and then joined by a significant other. She was delighted by Mount Dora and the Inn. We learned a major Hollywood film was shot there some years ago - there's a feeling of being on a set. Today, at the Lakeside Inn - the guests gets top billing.

Room Tip: I've slept around at the Inn but favor the main building - where you check in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the Lakeside Inn, again for an anniversary celebration. We did a weekend get-away special which was a very good value. Our room did not have a view, but it was clean and comfortable and perfectly adequate for the time that we spent in there. The best part of the Lakeside is sitting on the lake for sunset and the very close walk to everything in town. We parked on Friday and did not drive anywhere until we left on Sunday. It was slightly chilly during the night for us, as Floridians, and the little space heater was perfect. Very kind night manager Tommy who we saw several times always offered to help if we needed anything. Lovely setting, we appreciated the history and ambiance of the place. The bar inside is beautiful and bartender Janet was super friendly and makes a delicious Comospolitan. Definately gives you a taste of old Florida and laid-back lifestyle. A good choice if you appreciate vintage architecture and a slower pace. We will absolutely stay at the Lakeside when we travel to Mount Dora again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple