Lakeside Inn
QualityInn
Farnsworth House(Mount Dora)
US$156
US$133
Magnolia Inn B&B(Mount Dora)
US$177
US$83
US$78
Adora Inn(Mount Dora)
US$159
Maison en Ville(Mount Dora)(Great Value!)
US$115
Royal Inn(Eustis)
US$83
US$75
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,016 results
All reviewshistoric hotellake dorafront porchrocking chairsview of the lakeold floridastep back in timewalk in closetwatch the sunsetnew ownersbeautiful groundscentral floridaglass of winepark your carget awayquaint townwedding anniversary
Reviewed 27 December 2010

We had our wedding outside the hotel down by the lake in late September 2010. Family members came in from out of town and stayed at the hotel. Our wedding and reception were fantastic! Lisa Morgan did a wonderful job as the wedding coordinator and worked very hard to make sure everything was perfect! The only downside was that the hotel is a historic inn, over 100 years old, and the appearance of the hotel reflects that. Unfortunately, the rooms are old and musty, but the hotel has been working to make them better. Overall, our experience at the hotel was great! I would certainly recommend it for a wedding and reception!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I invited 3 good friends to the Inn, where I had stayed 2 times previously so we good attend the antique fair. I had overlooked the aging of the place due to the beautiful setting and proximity to cute Mt. Dora. However, this will be the last stay based on extreme disappointment. I requested a double with a bed in the parlor over a month in advance and upon arrival was told we only had a sofa bed option. I was not offered compensation because "you only registered 3 people" although a 4th person joined us at the last minute. I paid extra for another room and when the weather became warmer the next evening the A/C did not work. Although a maintenance man looked at it I did not hear from management nor did anyone check the system again. We returned late in the evening to a humid room but it was to late to change rooms. Upon complaining to the desk clerk a small amount was taken off the bill and there was no apology. The rooms are not worth the rates charged especially during special events. The service at breakfast was very slow, although food was good at dinner and breakfast. We were told that the Inn had been sold to new owners which may be the best thing as the rooms need major renovation and upgrading! I will return to Mt. Dora which is a charming town but will choose a B and B next time.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2010

My family is in the area and they joined me for many area activities during our stay including Light up Mount Dora, shopping, eating at local restaurants, sunset tour and canal tour. We found the hotel expected to be sold 11/30, after our visit. I would recommend the new owners add microwaves and coffee pots - available in some rooms but not the room we stayed in. Staff seemed overwhelmed with the number of guests staying over Thanksgiving weekend but Kim and Deborah were very helpful, especially with room arrangements for a friends mother in a wheelchair. We were in Mount Dora last July, and decided to stay here on our next visit when we saw the front porch.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2010

as you walk up entrance stairs you see dirt and a need for a paint job.inside lobby ok check in ok .now walk way to building uneven just a lawsuite wateing to happen. building cracked and broken. room rug bad bad may be even be alive bring base ball bat in case it moves.breakfast on pourch bad server not trained and was left all by him self to serve 5 copples that know what good service should be.the thanksgiving dinner was fine.this place needs a lot of major work. but still a good v iev of lake and in town

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I just cannot understand why a hotel this wonderful and with so much history can get ANY poor reviews. This was our second stay here at the Lakeside Inn and we cannot wait to come back. My wife and I brought another couple with us this time for the Craft Fair. We hardly wanted to venture into town because we were having such a fantastic time at the Inn. We had one of the parlor rooms and the lake which was absolutely beautiful. The room was immaculate for being so old and the view were beautiful. If you want the Ritz-Carlton, this is not the place for you. But if you want clean rooms with lots of charm in a great location then Lakeside Inn is where it's at. Alec from Reservations was first class from the start. He made our reservations both times we stayed and has gone above and beyond to make sure we all enjoyed our time in Mount Dora and especially at the Inn. What a great guy! I haven't even mentioned the best part. Their restaurant, The Beauclaire, serves up southern inspired fine dining at reasonable prices. Believe me the food is phenomenal. 3 different kinds of Eggs Benedict at breakfast. At dinner, I had the Osso Bucco and was very pleased. The live jazz trio in the Lounge didn't hurt, either. We will be back in February for the Mount Dora Art Festival and then for the Music Festival and needless to say, we will definatley be staying here!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends