“My colleague & I were missing personal items from our room.”

Hampton Inn Mount Dora
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Although we had a comfortable stay as it relates to the cleanliness of the hotel, my colleague and I were dissappointed to realize that we were missing personal items that we knew we left in the room. The hotel personnel was unhelpful in trying to locate or even ask their workers about the missing items. Needless to say, this was quite upsetting to us. We will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank JWB2002
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Mount Dora

Reviewed 22 February 2011

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn in Mt. Dora overall for the last five years and found it to be well maintained and clean. Sheila the front office person is a delight and helpful during my last two visits. This hotel is convenient to my place of business while visiting from out of state and is conveniently located to an excellent Japenese sushi place (Luampur) just down Hwy 441.

This hotel has accomodated me during all my stays, and I've had no problems, and would gladly recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank EdUrias
Reviewed 28 December 2010

This hotel is in need of a major facelift. The property is worn and dated. As the only hotel in Mount Dora (aside from B&B's and the like), Hampton Inn would be well advised to update it to bring it in line with their Leesburg property. In addition to the 'sad' state of the hotel (rooms included), the front desk guy was oddly curt with us and left me thinking he wasn't suited to a job in the service industry (in addition to which he was eyeing his cellphone, which was positioned next to the computer, the entire time we were standing at the front desk talking to him).

We rely on Hampton Inns to always be clean, relatively well appointed, comfortable, and friendly. This one falls short on all fronts.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aimrichmiami
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We spent one night here in early September. Luggage trolleys by the front entrance were a nice touch. Clean hotel but just an average Hampton Inn. They had an outdoor pool and an exercise room. There were no places to eat that you could walk to but there were some a mile or two up the road. Breakfast was fine, no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

No complaints, very nice hot breakfast. Clean Quiet large room with Microwarve and fridge. Internet. Nice pool. execise room

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Stayed here due to location as we were visiting friends. The hotel is the older version of the Hampton Inn. Rooms are small with old furniture and very little room. Beds had fresh linens and comfy beds. The room was very clean and all the staff was friendly. Not the best Hampton I have stayed in, but it was adequate. Breakfast was a let down didnt seem like they had very much.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2010

From the moment I spoke to the person who took my reservation to the minute I checked out everything was great. The room was immaculate with a comfortable bed and wonderful amenities. I was skeptical about the advertised "hot breakfast" but was pleasantly surprised. It featured scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and potatos. It even included a waffle iron to make fresh waffles, fruits, yogurt and the list goes on and on. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful, going as far as booking me a room at my next destination. This is a wonderful hotel. I plan on returning and recommend it to anyone and everyone.

1  Thank Danny1083
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Dora? Share your experiences!