“So happy we pulled in here!”

Highland Street Cafe
Ranked #17 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Howard Lake, Minnesota
“So happy we pulled in here!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I were directed to Mount Dora to experience small town Florida. After a drive from Orlando we drove through town and pulled in to this little café. We were treated very well. Our server was fantastic and so friendly. She went out of her way to make sure our food was just perfect. She asked us where we were from and after we said Minnesota, the gentleman in the booth next to us asked us from where exactly and he was familiar. He was the owner, having lunch with his wife and a friend. We had such a nice conversation and some laughs. They made us feel so at home. I wish we could have stayed longer. I will definitely recommend this establishment to others.

Mount Dora
“I WAS CAUGHT CHEATING...”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

...on my diet while thoroughly enjoying my breakfast at this hometown cafe. It was worth the calories! Get there early because this small place fills up fast with regulars, who truly know a good meal, hence, they're regulars. I ordered their special which was a strawberry and cream cheese stuffed French toast that was prepared monte christo style, served with fresh made whipped cream and strawberries with just the right amount of strawberry syrup drizzled around the plate. The bread for making the French toast was thick and very fresh. My husband ordered their egg, ham and cheese breakfast sandwich...everything was cooked to perfection, served hot by a very friendly server.

Their coffee is tops and they never let the bottom of the cup show. The proprietor, Richard, is a wonderfully entertaining fella who knows just about all his customers by name. Bottom line, folks in these parts know what they like and simply won't continue to return to an establishment that doesn't deliver a good meal at a fair price. As for my husband and me, we will return...only this time we'll walk there so I can cheat on my diet without feeling guilty. Happy Dining!

Florida
“Love their breakfast!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We have many breakfast spots closer to our home, but will go the extra mile for their service, yummy grits and crisp bacon!

Newark, Delaware
“After church breakfast”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stopped here on a drive east after church on Sunday. The four of us were very happy with our meals. My sister and her husband shared the eggs benedict. They were very satisfied with that...it had thick pieces of canadian bacon and delicious hollandaise sauce. My husband was satisfied with his french toast. I picked something from the quick decision selections on the back of the menu. Perfect for me with an egg and a piece of french toast and bacon. Crisp bacon, egg cooked perfectly to order and flavorful french toast. Kept us going until lunchtime.

Mount Dora, Florida
“My New Breakfast Home”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Good food, good prices, good service, and hot coffee. The perfect local breakfast (and lunch) joint. Stay away from the chains and eat here when in Mount Dora.