“The one place for great ribs in the area”

Sugar Boo's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #34 of 122 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Description: Welcome to Sugarboo’s Bar.B.Q , serving Southern style BBQ. At Sugarboo’s we specialize in ribs, beans, coleslaw, broccoli salad and more..
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Not only is the food outstanding the owners/operators are special people. They serve the best damn ribs in the area along with smoked turkey legs. The owners also reward those in school who achieve academic standings with free food when they present their report cards. How great is that? Never disappointed with this gem.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We grabbed takout after a long day. We love BBQ and would go back to Mr Dora just for this. It was all you expect BBQ to be.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

It's all good! I like the pulled pork & chicken. The sauce has a nice kick to it also. Wonderful take-out when you don't feel like cooking. Not open every night.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Lots of things about this place are different. Firstly it's not in town but in a non upmarket area where you may think you are lost just before you find it. We ordered by phone and waited only a minute to collect. I guess they take cards but we were recommended by local friends to pay cash? The bibs were superb, the chicken was very tasty, the sauce we found to be too spicy for our liking. The lady who served us was fantastic, friendly chat and some tourist info. When I go again I will get some salad items first and make it evEn better.

2  Thank Rowland W
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a long-time regular visitor. They have a faithful following of locals that mostly do pickup from the drive-thru after calling ahead. Tina & JT are the best with always a friendly smile. They do have some outside seating on benches under the trees. They are well off the beaten path and are only open Friday, Saturday & Sunday. My Friday favorite is the Jumbo Pull Pork Sandwich which is very tinder with lots of smokey flavor. I'm partial to the hot sauce which has a flavorful bite. My Sunday selection which my wife also enjoys are the most tinder "fall of the bone" and tasty pork ribs you will ever eat. Look forward to joining you some noon on Friday.

1  Thank FoodForOnTheMove