“Tina (owner) gave great service & food”

Sugar Boo's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #36 of 115 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“Tina (owner) gave great service & food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

First time I had SugarBoo's BBQ w sauce, sides (BB & slaw, & Key lime pie were all made by hand (nothing reconstituted) Good food & prices. I would go again.

• Visited March 2014

Mount Dora, Florida
“Bar BQue that smells, taste, and makes you want to come back for more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The brisket, the pulled pork, turkey legs, chicken are some of the mouth watering picks my family fights over. But between the southern style sweet tea, homemade sides and the wonderful proprietors, this is a down home must. The owners are so warm and welcoming you feel like locals, even if you are not. Great for a picnic grab n go.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Great food and nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We found Sugar Boo's while visiting Mt Dora. It doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is wonderful. The husband & wife owners are very nice. I had ribs and the rest of my party had bbq. I will go again if I get back to the area.

Sanford, Florida, United States
“The absolute worst BBQ I have ever hard, PERIOD!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The reviews here are just ridiculous about this place, and I am not one to write reviews unless the place is just bad. Where do I begin ?.

**Customer service is terrible: The sign in the front says front window pick up is only for orders called in, after I place my order "in person" waiting and waiting, 30 minutes have passed, no food. Walk up and ask "oh your order was ready and I was shouting at you" Lady, we are sitting behind your building and no one is going to hear you shouting" was my reply. Hello.... can you get a speaker to let your customers know the order is ready ?. This is not a restaurant, you are sitting outside, and no one will hear unless you are in front of the place.

*** The food: Are you serious, this does not come close to 4 rivers OR ANY other BBQ in central FL. PERIOD!!! The spices are sour, the meat tastes like a hot nasty HEINEKEN, its sour and the shredded pork is disgusting, the chicken is just plain ok, its chicken, if you throw it on a BBQ, its really hard to mess things up, I was not impressed. The ribs were not cooked, red and nothing better than anything you can buy at WINN DIXIE. You expect BBQ to be sweet and smokey, this is a trip to sour heaven. My family got sick the day after, the did not thoroughly cook the meat, but we were hungry so we ate. The servings are small small small, their sampler feeds maybe two if you are not very hungry, It is not a good price for what you get and the substandard service.

The second best in central FL? This is a joke, ridiculous reviews hiping up this place. I will never go back, your expectations will not be met, I cannot believe the reviews.

• Visited October 2013
Eustis, Florida
“The one place for great ribs in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Not only is the food outstanding the owners/operators are special people. They serve the best damn ribs in the area along with smoked turkey legs. The owners also reward those in school who achieve academic standings with free food when they present their report cards. How great is that? Never disappointed with this gem.

• Visited August 2013