“Excellent Barbecue”

Sugar Boo's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #36 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Reviewed 28 May 2014

By far the best BBQ around (in Florida). My family and I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy Sugarboo's since they opened.

I can only give a review for the pulled pork sandwiches, sweet potato salad, baked beans, their fabulously large brownies & key lime pie. My family always orders orders the same thing every time we visit. The pulled pork is excellent.. seasoned nicely, with a bit of a bite to it. The sauce is the cherry on the sundae.

My husband makes it a point while we are traveling the south to try "hole in the wall" BBQ places. This one he can't take credit for, as it is my find.. He always uses Sugarboo's BBQ to base his opinion off of.. I do too!

We ask ourselves "Is it as good, better, or no where close to Sugarboo's."

So far.. We haven't found anything that even comes close.

2  Thank Nicole H
There are newer reviews for Sugar Boo's Bar-B-Que

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We weren't looking for barbecue we were actually lost when we came upon Sugar Boo's. It is in a random spot as far as location goes but sometimes places like that end up being your favorites. I had pulled chicken and sweet potato casserole. Husband had pulled pork sandwich and beans. And 2 giant pickles on the side. I saw mentioned that the sauce has a sour taste. I believe it would be better described as vinegar. Which is part of their sauce recipe. My husband loves vinegar so he enjoyed it very much. The sweet potato casserole was GREAT for my sweet tooth. Worth a stop so you can judge for yourself. I wouldn't go into that area of town and eat outside at night though.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

First time I had SugarBoo's BBQ w sauce, sides (BB & slaw, & Key lime pie were all made by hand (nothing reconstituted) Good food & prices. I would go again.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The brisket, the pulled pork, turkey legs, chicken are some of the mouth watering picks my family fights over. But between the southern style sweet tea, homemade sides and the wonderful proprietors, this is a down home must. The owners are so warm and welcoming you feel like locals, even if you are not. Great for a picnic grab n go.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We found Sugar Boo's while visiting Mt Dora. It doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is wonderful. The husband & wife owners are very nice. I had ribs and the rest of my party had bbq. I will go again if I get back to the area.