“Do not stay here, dirty, mold on shower head, bed is terrible”

Best Western Mulberry Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mulberry
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Rooms stink, mold on shower head, beds are horrible,$72, not woth it, for the same price u can stay in lakeland at the ramada, after waking up at 4am to fly from wisconsin I was exhausted went to bed around 1030pm, woke up twice due to bad beds and then at 6am the fire alarms were going off every 10 minutes

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank witraveler22

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Our trip to Mulberry was suppose to be for half business and a mini vacation to get away from the normal routine. Our arrival there was the same as Angela's the room smelled, we brought cloths for a 50's Sox Hop and the hotel didn't even have an Ironing board. The front desk service was not receptive to our request for an Iron and board and after the second time to the front desk got a snotty reply that we don't have any Ironing boards. As for the bed linings the banket was holly, (Not religious), sheets didn't fit the bed, and the Air Conditioner wouldn't cool the room on FULL COOL. We did however have two towels but no wash cloths. I see that most of the reviews are from 2009 but I am writing on a stay from the middle of November 2011. I am planning another visit to Mulberry in March and plan on staying in south Lakeland. I will never stay at the Mulberry Inn again.

Pokey
St. Cloud,FL.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Pokey10
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Under no circumstances should anyone check in here without looking at the room first. The place is filthy, even the hallway. The horribly stained(yuck) blanket is placed on the bed so the nasty end is tucked tightly down at the foot of the bed to lessen chance of patrons seeing it. The entire blanket has small holes. The room SMELLED. The first few minutes after entering, it actually made me cough. And this was a non-smoking room. If you spend the night here, you wont be able to put on clothes you brought in with you because they will have absorbed the odor. A "do not disturb" sign means nothing. Nor does letting the desk clerk know you do not want anyone entering your room while you are out. So please take any valuables with you. Try the Stay Inn and Suites in Bartow for same $ or go to Lakeland.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank angela b
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Before coming to Florida, I read the reviews on your website. I was concerned but decided, what the hey, I'll give it a shot...... What I found was anything but the descriptions listed on your website. The hotel was very nice, the entire staff was friendly, curteous, and very helpful. The room was clean and nice, and, as hard as I tried, I did not find a bug anywhere......!! I don't know where the people who wrote before me stayed, but I can honestly say it wasn't at the Super 8 I was in. I will stay in Mulberry again, most definitely......

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nelson1414
Reviewed 21 February 2009

Thought the hotel would be ok as it was in a convenient location. First night we had no bathroom towels! Second night we came back to the room to find that the huge glass mirror over the vanity had fallen off the wall! Thank God no one was in the room at the time or they would have been killed. Huge shards of glass were everywhere! Staff told us to move to room across the hall and then let us drag our own frig and microwave from the old room across the hall since the new room did not have a frig or microwave!
YUCK, never again! Noise from trains and dirty rooms as well!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank gayleaa
Reviewed 30 January 2009

The worst ever. The manager was the most unproffessial person I met.RUDE RUDEand Rude. Never again will i ever stay in Super 8 again. Way so much so write. Just take my word.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank LynchburgCitygirl
Reviewed 24 November 2008

Room was very bug friendly! If you have to stay..... make sure to bring bug spray, and keep your baggage closed at all times. German roach's own this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank FortMyersRunner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mulberry
22 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow
14 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland South

Been to Best Western Mulberry Hotel? Share your experiences!