“Great Grouper Sandwich at Buzz's”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naples
Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Have been here three times in the past year. Each time the food and service has been very good. A specialty of the house is the Grouper Reuben Sandwich - I love mine blackened. The beer is very cold and fresh and poured from draft with kegs stored in an adjacent chiller keg room that just makes them seem to taste even better!

Waterside view with outside deck seating as well as inside. Parking is tight, but not a reason to miss this place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim C

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the end of November 2013 over thanksgiving weekend. We have family living nearby and we've enjoyed the restaurant before, so we figured staying here would be great.

The Good -
The location is amazing and the people are nice. A 2 minute walk to the beach if you walk slow. Buzz's restaurant is casual but good food with a relaxed, casual atmosphere. The price is also unbeatable in the area.

The Bad -
The room had some weird quirks - no shampoo, no tissues, the window couldn't be opened or closed from the starting position. The blinds barely blocked out the light and the window panes were 1/2 frosted and 1/2 clear. The door on our room had a 1/4 or 1/2 inch gap on the bottom.
The bed was very old, lumpy, and very creaky. You got three pillows (1 king bed) that were very flat and dead. The comforter was also threadbare and ready to be replaced

The bottom line is that this place has a great bones but needs to do a few things to get its game back. New mattresses, new pillows, and a new comforter would go along way. The place could raise rates a bit and still be the best deal in town, and then they could afford to replace a few old mattresses. If they did this I would give them another look in the future

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Rob T
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Quaint motel probably built in the 50's or 60's but very clean. Window AC, pastels, well kept up inside and out. NIce pool. Beds were comfy. Across the street from a beautiful beach. Very comfortable and a deal for $65. Kind of felt like a step back in time...in a good way. No bugs or dirt. Might not feel the safest for a woman alone as all the rooms have exterior entries as was the sign of the times. I'll definitely be back. (this is coming from someone who has stayed in the Ritz and Hyatts...but is also someone who has an open mind and likes good deals in quaint places that aren't gross...not sure if my wife would agree).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank James C
Reviewed 28 July 2013

we found this after searching all the other motels in naples and close surrounds. we had the coupon book, but wanted something decent and close to the beach too. its quite old, but super quaint, a little bit retro, but so charming, and lovely lovely staff there- so helpful, friendly and chatty. they accepted our coupon, as it was mid week i guess, and we ended up staying for 3 nights! they have a nice big clean pool, with loungers and chairs. outside umbrellas etc, a cute restaurant on the river/water, and they are so close to the beach- only one hotel imbtwn them and the beach. you are allowed to walk through that other hotel to access the beach, and its probably about 200-300meters! no bfast included, but u have your own kitchen to be able to cook if you want. i couldnt recomend it enough as its got such an amazing location, its a simple, slightly older but still quaint, very well run and friendly little place! go for it! (oh and the free parking is a big plus as the beaches are otherwise expensive in terms of parking costs and busy too)!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philippad
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The furniture is old a.nd worn out.Did not feel comfortable here at all.I thought it was very dirty,walk on the floors in white socks.We threw the socks away
I dropped something on the floor and the toilet bowl has never been never been cleaned.I cleaned it myself.I didn't think it was worth the money Thousand dollars a week.The kitchen had the worse utensils and pots you can find better in the dollar.
I can't. Understand why the people that stay there yr after yr and they love it.
It is because everywhere around there is over1,000 a week so this is cheap but you get what you pay for.Just not for us

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank luckyshoeshine
Reviewed 24 February 2013

You don't see many of these motel/inns in Southwest Florida anymore this close to the Beach. It has retained the character as it was before this area became so popular. If you want a good lunch, a glass or pitcher of beer on a comfortable deck. This is your spot. Not upscale, just comfortable.

I have a friend who has stayed here several times and he says it is clean and comfortable and economical.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank johnpaul1
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights in November 2012 while attending a lacrosse tournament. ( I had known about this place previously from being in the area many times). We stayed on the first floor, with two beds, a small kitchen and bathroom. It was PERFECT for everything we needed and wanted. I could make us dinner or breakfast and we could walk across the street to beautiful Vanderbilt Beach! We also were close to the tournament park. Some of the other parents came over to our place and were mad that they hadn't listened to me about staying here because they also loved it. It's perfect for a long or short stay. The owners were very nice and accommodating since our flight didn't leave until late evening so we were able to stay until 4:30pm for a small fee. Their restaurant was also exceptional. I would definitely recommend this little gem and am hoping that the owners hang onto this place since I've seen far too many of these quaint motels go by the wayside for large condos. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family