“Rip off”

Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Ft. lauderdale
“Rip off”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Though the hotel is very nice, it is quite a rip off. Specially when it came to going to the beach. Chairs are free but everything else is charged. PLUS, when sitting in regular chairs, you have to be behind all the cabanas so you can hardly see the beach (which is the whole point of coming). On top of everything, the cabanas are the most expensive, so you'd have to pay much extra. I even have a picture of the whole front line of cabanas they set up, forcing people to pay extra.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Vero1994
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced with the beach setup. I can certainly understand your disappointment and will certainly speak with our beach staff on how we can better create an environment for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Staff provided friendly service and we were upgraded to beachfront room that had been recently updated. Overall the room was great, but the remodel work was a little sloppy, but did not detract from our stay. Beautiful beach and pool area. Hotel sets up cute sand area with shovels, pails and umbrellas for little kids. Food at pool bar was fresh and delicious. Note that from June to October is turtle season so beachfront rooms must have blackout curtains pulled closed by 9pm. I would definitely return again. Spectacular sunsets and short drive to downtown Naples.

2 Thank 138tinab
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Edgewater Beach Hotel. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you visiting us again.
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Catch 22 - would you prefer the newer rooms or a dynamic gulf view? We chose the gulf view. Great big balcony with 2 lounge chairs & 2 regular chairs so that was a real plus. The suite (one bedroom) was very roomy but the comfort of the chairs in the room was surprisingly poor. I am wondering why the rooms are so nice & comfortable but the seating was so chintzy. Sofabed seemed old too BUT was far more comfortable than most sofabeds in other hotels. We rented a beachside cabana, which was very comfortable but of course is a little pricey however sitting out in 92 degree sun all day was not really an option.

Morning of checkout, we had a small medical issue, requested a 2 pm checkout which was denied as we were told that the "hotel was sold out" that day, which would be extremely unusual for this time of year in Naples (also parking lot was maybe 1/2 full). This is a lame excuse of a lie as we easily checked on line & found many choices available.This poor bit of customer service cost this hotel a star on my rating.

Room Tip: Older rooms are closer to the beach. The tower is set back a bit but has the newer rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your "excellent" review and it's so nice to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that some of the room furnishings were uncomfortable, but you will be pleased to hear that these suites will be upgraded in the near future. My apologies that we were unable to accommodate your late check out request. We do our best to accommodate these requests but it is often difficult as we have arriving guests checking in at 4pm. I will be sure to look into this and see how we could have better handled in your case.

We would certainly like another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at the Edgewater for five days and had a fantastic room on the ground floor at the end of the terrace close to the beach.
We didn't have to worry about noise from the pool - the windows and patio door are completely soundproof.
The room was clean and features a mini kitchen, living/dining room, toilet and shower area as well as the two-sink bathroom area which was well lit and spacious.
There were two very cosy robes to wear and an in-room safe.
We loved it.
The beach is beautiful and the pools are very pleasant. There were always plenty of beach towels near the pool and the service at the pool bar was excellent.
Food at the restaurant was pretty good at lunch but not very good at night. My "heritage" tomato salad was a bunch of regular cherry tomatoes drowning in dressing. Everything else my partner and I ate was the same quality. Nice decor inside and out though. I try not to eat at hotel restaurants too but this was one of those long beach days where we wanted to be around for the magnificent sunset.
Count me among the other guests who really resented paying $20 for a beach umbrella and $10 for a lounge chair. To this day I can't figure out what the resort fee was for.
That said, lots of fish, dolphins and birds to look at on the private beach.
One other point - many if the guests had kids and there were beach toys for them to use. BUT, the hotel still had a very adult and romantic vibe.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your detailed review and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are so pleased to read that you found your accommodations clean and spacious and were able to enjoy a suite just steps from the beach.

I do apologize for the issues with your dining experience and will be certain to look into how we can improve upon these items. With regards to the beach concessions, the lounge chairs are included in the resort fee, so if you were charged erroneously, I do apologize and would happy to look into this further. Please call me directly to discuss.

Again thank you for your feedback. It is truly appreciated.
fort myers
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My Husband and I spent 2 days in a Gulfview Suite and loved everything about it! The rooms were well decorated and comfortable and the terrace was 28' long! The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The beach front was gorgeous. Soft clean sand and lounges with deep padding. The location is great because it is not in a strip of hotels but surrounded by Condominiums so there is open expanses of beach front. The staff, all inclusive was very polite and helpful. I can't wait for the opportunity to return, it was so relaxing.
I think this would be a wonderful location for a destination intimate wedding as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SueBFortMyers
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so fortunate to have such a prime location and appreciate you mentioning the intimacy of the resort - this is truly one of our best features. That along with spacious accommodations and professional staff, we try our best to provide a relaxing getaway and are so pleased we delivered in your case. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "staycation"
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We checked in late on a Wednesday due to a rental car issue at the airport which put us in at 9:50PM. Jason at the front desk immediately called the restaurant which was closing in 10 minutes, a lady (fogot her name as I'm terrible) showed up with menus, my daughter and I ordered food, checked in, went upstairs and food arrived minutes later. Customer Service here is excellent!

We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite which was beautiful. Super clean and I might say the best water pressure of any hotel I have every stayed in. Huge showers in both bathrooms with rain shower heads and a hand held wands (so relaxing). Bathrooms were large as well. Beds were super comfortable - and so were the pillows and bedding.

The two pools were very clean but we did not spend any time there as we are beach people. Lounges were comfortable and beach was flawless.

I really cannot say enough about the customer service at this hotel. The people were very attentive and just so incredibly nice.

There is an outdoor fire pit with comfortable seating behind glass walls which was nice in the evening.

The little beach bar was nice for a drink during the day and they also have ice water and small cups available for a quick drink.

My only negative comment would be the dinner menu is very limited so ifyou have a picky eater they may not like the selections. What we did eat there was excellent. It is not cheap to stay here, but I felt the room we had was well worth the price we paid.

We hope to return one day for a longer stay!

Room Tip: We shopped on line direct with the hotel and they were running a special on $100 off a 2 bedroom/2 b...
1 Thank Susan H
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Your review title says it all - Love it! So pleased that you enjoyed many of the resort features - a flawless beach facilities, delicious food and beverage, spacious, well-pointed suites, relaxing fire pit and of course our wonderful staff. Thank you for mentioning Jason by name as I know he will be excited to hear your comments.

Thank you for choosing us for your getaway and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Upon checking in we were upgraded from our Gulf View 2 bedroom suite to the ‘Seashore Suite’ which my boyfriend had requested in advance as he was planning to propose during our trip (I did not know this at the time of course). The gentleman on reception also kindly upgraded our other room to a beach front room so the other members of our party were not left out which was a really kind touch. The room had a kitchen, dining area overlooking the ocean and a living room area with a wide screen TV. The layout was very open plan which was lovely as it felt very airy, light and clean. The living area also had a separate bathroom with toilet. My partner and I stayed in the Master bedroom which had literally the biggest bed I have ever slept in in my life! This led to a walk in closet area which led through to a bathroom. The bathroom had double sinks giving us both plenty of room to store our things and also boasted a giant tub which we didn’t get around to using. A separate room off the bathroom had the water closet and a walk in shower. I cannot emphasise how much space we had – much bigger than my bedroom at home. There was then another bedroom the other side of the living area which my sister and her partner stayed in. This room had it’s own balcony overlooking the ocean and it’s own private bathroom with double sink and walk in shower again. Both bedrooms had their own wide screen TVs. This was fab as we had our own space when we retired for the evening but could still relax as a group in the living area or on the balcony. I don’t know how much extra this room would normally cost but I would 100% recommend paying the additional if you can afford it. The views alone would be worth it and I promise you will be speechless.

The cleaning staff came at very convenient times and I never actually saw a member of the cleaning staff once; I would just return to my room after a long day on the beach and it would be spotless. Also provided a turn down service in the evening and so we would return from dinner to find our towels had been changed again, lovely seashell chocolates on our pillow and soft jazz music playing on the stereo – such a nice touch! This is the kind of thing that only happens at hotels were it is clear the staff and management alike care about their guests.

The beach was stunning with powdery sand and clear warm sea. We saw a school of 8 manatees swimming in the shallows one afternoon, dolphins almost every day, a sword fish jumping out of the water and sea turtle nests! My mum also saw an eagle when walking along the beach at 6.30am. If you like your wildlife and nature you will not be disappointed. You could hire kayaks and paddle boards for an hour, had a dolphin encounter when out on the kayak where they swam close to the boat.

The pool area played great current music like Ed Sheeran mixed with some older tunes so there was something for everyone. Lunch at the pool side bar was delicious – my partner and I would share a burger between us for lunch and the kitchen would actually pre-cut the burger for us and split the fries over 2 plates which I thought was again another thoughtful touch. The chicken sandwich was also really good. The food wasn’t too pricey but as we split our dishes the price was kept low.

Fitness centre was clean and air conditioned with free bottled water and fresh towels. Good free weight selection, a bike, cross trainers and treadmills.

This was the perfect hotel to accompany a perfect proposal on the beach. I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful location and luxurious experience – we will 100% be returning. Thanks to all the staff at Edgewater Beach for making this so special for not just my partner and I, but for my whole family.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, pay the additional to upgrade to a beach front room - spectacular views over t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BecMayF
Congratulations on your engagement! What a special time and we are so delighted that your stay with us made it that much more enjoyable. From the stunning views, to the friendly staff, to the tasty meals and well appointed facilities, it sounds like your time together was a vacation in paradise. This is exactly what we strive for.

We hope that you enjoy this next step in your lives together and please keep us in mind as a place to spend your next mile stone together.